These towels are exactly what you find in luxury five star hotels. They are thick and soft, and the large size makes them almost like a wrap when getting out of shower or bath. The deluxe thickness quickly draws moisture away from the body leaving the surface of the towel almost dry. They launder beautifullly. I have washed mine twice and they grow softer and more pliant each time. The color is vibrant and true and has remained so with laundering. Great addition to a guest bathroom, or for that little touch of luxury for yourself. You won't be disappointed!
Thought these were so fabulous when I first received them. Huge, plush, thick and luxurious......then I washed them. I had to cut a huge handful of strings from all of the towels, hand towels and wash cloths. So many loops pulled out that there are runs in the towels. Save your money and don't buy these! Buy your towels at a department store where you can actually return them if they fall apart! I bought them in 3 different colors and every single one of them looked terrible after washing.....they actually look worse than the 10-year-old towels that I was replacing!
These towels are terrific. I'm obsessed with nice bedding and bath products and decided to take a chance on these towels. I've paid a whole lot more for a lot less quality. So far I've not had any discoloration problems, either, which is a blessing. I'm tired of nice towels that fade out and spot and look terrible when I get anywhere near them with toothpaste or cosmetics. My husband even commented on how much he liked the towels and that's rare. Usually he just comments on how much I spend! A great deal; I bought two sets and might even get more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Bought the rust colored towels and they were exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality. Have purchased many "higher quality (read: expensive)" towels that weren't nearly as nice and didn't hold up as well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
These are thick, heavy towels...just what I have been looking for. They are like towels you find in fine hotels. Others have complained about the smell and shedding, but as soon as I opened them, I washed them and there was no smell at all. Also, they was a little shedding, but not what has been described by some people. After one wash, they are good to go. I love these towels and ordered another set after receiving the first set.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, I bought black.
- How is the quality of the product? These are thick and heavy ...good quality.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Excellent value though I question the weight of 900 GSM, as these towels are much lighter than other 900 GSM towels I own. They had some loose loops at the seams that became runs after I removed them from the washer. Perhaps a quality oversight, perhaps why they were sold so cheaply. Overall, a good buy for the money, if you are OK with "seconds", which apparently I am.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was very close to site photo, just slightly duller
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The towels had some loose loops around the end seams that unravelled upon washing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The 900 GSM seems lighter than other 900 GSM sets I own.
Pros: 1. inexpensive 2. heavy weight 3. dye does not bleed Cons: 1. They maybe too heavy weight. It takes 60 minutes to dry in an electric dryer. Normal towels are 35 minutes. 2. Towels is already starting to fall apart after three washings. Edges are starting to fray. 3. If you live in a humid climate these towels may not dry between usage. After thought: 1. I would buy a lighter towel.
These are junk. Do not waste your money. One washing and they were falling apart.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close not exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The worst ever. One wash and they are falling apart.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Poor
I will be returning these. Very disappointing. The thread count is not high and they are cheaply put together for the price, not thick at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap low-end towels, better to get Ralph Lauren, etc at a discount store
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? they do not look like they have a high thread count
Love it. Heavy like a blanket. Works great on my warmer. I'm 6'-2 and just what I wanted. They are too heavy for my wife as she is a foot shorter than me. Her head almost came off when she wrapped the towel around her head. She ended liking the 600gram ones better. I ordered another 3sets.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Awesome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
I've bought a lot of stuff from overstock, and this may be my first return. I am on my 6th straight wash with these towels. This time I added perfum. There is a terrible chemical smell. I think it came from the wrapping. It had a nasty goo with a more intense odor that the towels contained. If this 6th wash still makes them unuseable, I'll be returning. If it works and this website let's you update, I'll add to my post and add some stars because the towels are lush and pretty, but if they actually stink, well we can't use them. I've heard these types of comments from other reviewers before and thought they were probably just too picky because I don't like the hassle of returning things - hence 6 washings.
Over all the product is as promised. I was surprised the first two washings at the amount of cotton in the dryer vent screen. I won't have to buy cotton balls for several months. The only negative is that one of the bath towels already started to unravel along the side of the towel. I took and cut off the dangling threads. I hope the others won't do the same. These sets are BIG. For a guy over 6 feet that is wonderful! I have never had wash clothes so gig and thick. I could almost dry my car with one of these. Seriously I never used anything nicer, and I travel for my work and usually stay in very very nice hotels. If you are petite you might find these to be slightly too big. Hope this helps someone.
Within a couple of weeks the binding around the edge began to fray. A couple of washings after that, it was in total shreds. The towel was fabulous - just too thick to dry ie. inside your ears. But the binding was a total disaster.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall, very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate as I remember
Only slight downside was the decorative woven band shrunk puckering the towel a bit.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very high
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I received these in a timely manner and was pleased with the visual appearance of the towels. These towels are very thick but upon the first washing the side binding loosened. I called customer service they stated they would replace the inferior towels.....to date no replacement received. I am left with taking them to an alterations facility to repair the bindings...AT MY EXPENSE.
I washed the 2 sets of towels that I bought as soon as they arrived. They held up in the wash except for on one of the bath towels, the seam on the length came apart. I snipped it off and you can't really tell by looking at it. But I have never had a towel do that before. I didn't see any pilling or lint. They are thick & generous in size. I bought them for them for our guests to use. I bought the ones in the plum color. It was a brighter purple. A deep eggplant would have been better. But they are a great buy for the price. My only complaint is that tear on the seam after just one wash. So I am a little worried on how they will hold up in the future.
I have not used these towels. They seem soft and nice but I am very disappointed with the color. I chose to order TOAST color which I thought would be TAN. Instead it is much close to a MUSTARD color and does not go with my bathroom tile so I must return it. I will most likely reorder a different color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color for TOAST is really mustard.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality looks good but I am returning because of color I don't like.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
These are thick, heavy towels that are very soft and absorbent. I bought 2 sets, the plum and navy. Both deep, rich colors. I washed before using. They have now been through a second washing with no pilling, runs or snags. They do not leave any fuzzies on me as some towel reviews have stated. The sizes are generous. Then the bath towel is quite heavy, so I don't think I would want the bath sheet; that extra weight would be cumbersome! The 6 piece set is a great value for the money. By buying in these sets, I was able to get these luxury towels for less money than buying individual pieces of lesser quality. I definitely would buy again.
I bought these towels because they were an excellent price and because they got great reviews. Perhaps I received a bad set. I always wash my towels when they are brand new. I washed and dried them according to instructions. I noticed that one of the towels had strings on one end where it was beginning to unravel. I was disturbed by that, but I simply cut the strings and hung them up. I have washed them a few times, and every time I wash and dry them, strings unravel from the edges. We do nothing to "abuse" these towels. We simply use them after we shower. Because I had washed them I didn't think that Overstock would take them back. I guess we will use them for a while until they become more and more unraveled, and then we'll retire them to the rag pile. I was most disappointed with the purchase.
Just received these towels and very disappointed. I have not no even taken them out of the package and can tell they are poor quality. I ordered 3 colors and all of them have misstiching and lose thread all over. The packaging was ripped up on all three, b/c of this, I did get to feel them and they feel thin. Don`t bother.