This has turned my firm Beautyrest mattress into plush heaven. I bought an 11" firm for the depth but it really was too firm. I have had other memory foam toppers from Overstock and been satisfied. However, this is the very plush conforpedic (Simmons also makes a firmer comforpedic mattress). It is 3" high is that is of concern to you. The ONLY problem is that the smaller "canals" tear so easily when just handling the mattress. Mine arrived with 1 tear in it and quickly got 2 more just from my fingers so you need to be EXTRA careful in putting the pad on the bed. Perhaps 2 people would be better than 1 to share the weight of 19 lbs. I always buy the Cal. King to cut down so that the pad goes corner to corner on my lower depth bed. It is quite easy to cut with heavy Fiskars. The comfort is amazing but know that it is plush!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. easily teears with fingers just handling it. Otherwise grteat!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? should say plush 3" high
The Sleep Number bed we bought was very uncomfortable. It was the middle of the line-up and didn't have any padding to speak of. Either it was too hard or it felt like I was sleeping in a hammock with all the weight on my hip and shoulder. It needed some padding. I found this pad on Overstock.com, and decided to try it. It was thicker and much less expensive than what Sleep Number offered me. It still hurts to lie on my left side, but I'm able to sleep a lot better with the extra padding this mattress topper gives. It took a few days to a week or more for my wife to get used to it, but she's happy with it now, too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Doesn't matter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality so far
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Love this mattress topper! I paid so much for my existing mattress I expected it would be comfortable without a topper but I was wrong. This topper actually makes me look forward to going to bed! And, as usual, the merchandise arrived in an extremely timely manner. Thank you Overstock.Com!
I did not expect much from this mattress pad, but it has saved me from having to buy a new mattress. I can now sleep on my side comfortably without my shoulders feeling pinched. I weigh about 130 pounds and it's like sleeping on a cloud, for me. My husband, however, who weighs about 50 pounds more feels the pad is "mediocre" and still complains of backaches-although he says he feels better than before the pad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We ordered this for a smaller area in our motorhome where the kids can sleep. I couldn't believe how comfortable it is. We purchased the King size so we could cut it in half to give the double thickness but it is so good that you don't need the full 4 inches, so I cut the extra twin and made pillows with the extra piece. I am ordering three more now for our 2 rv beds and will switch the best serta topper in my master bedroom with this one and put the serta in our other guest room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. have purchased the best serta 4" and this one is much better and easier to put sheets on since it is not as thick.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This arrived very quickly. I laid it out thinking that it would need to air ot because of a chemical odor but there was none. I put it on my bed the first night and it was very comfortable. I would have given it 5 stars but the size is a little off. It's about 4 inches shorter than my mattress. Otherwise, I love it.
WHY I LIKE THIS PRODUCT: It makes my bed oh, so much more comfortable. It's like sleeping on several layers of down. WHAT I AM NOT CERTAIN ABOUT: its durability. If you look at the photo you'll see that the top part of the mattress pad consists of separate strips. And those strips seem to easily rip away from each other. That started happening within a month of my purchase. So I have to wonder what's going to happen in a few years. In the meantime I'll enjoy it.
This topper is not 3 inches thick (2 inches) and it is not made by Simmons. I specifically chose Simmons because they subject their foam to testing by Certi-Pur which certifies that the bedding is free of known carcinogens. The topper I received was made by Louisville Bedding foam and it still has an odor after 10 days.
Slept on this for the 1st time last night and it's the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. This morning I didn't hurt all over when I go up. During the night nothing push up on me so no tossing and turning trying to get comfortable.
if i ever need another ill get one just like it, sleeps great
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on the money
Love having this mattress topper on our bed. It makes for a more comfortable night's sleep. Would recommend the purchase! I did air it out by placing our deck for a day which seemed to de-gas the foam odor. I'd buy it again.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? n/a
- How is the quality of the product? great - just as advertised
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I was bit disappointed with this topper. It is good quality and it is soft. However, this pad is 2 pieces combined, the top piece is 1.5" memory foam cut into a pattern that makes it very soft. The bottom piece is 1.5" regular "hard" foam. When I lay on it, I immediately sink to the hard foam and can feel the pressure points on my hips. I only weigh 130lbs. Moved this to our quest bed but not good enough for my master retreat.
My family and I recently went through a house fire and have been displaced. You really never know how much you value the comfort of your own bed when you don't have it anymore! The rental mattress we have is medium-firm and we would wake up every morning in pain from that bed. Purchasing this topper has been a real lifesaver! It is a joy to be in bed now and we wake up having slept much better and with no pain. I highly recommend this topper to anyone trying to soften their mattress.