I am the author of two books on sewing, so I know a bit about textiles. I am also "mature," so I remember when ordinary sheets lasted for 10-20 years. In days of yore, there were two types of sheets: muslin and percale. Muslin were less expensive because they were more loosely woven and softer; less textile, less money. Percale were crisp, tightly woven, had a characteristic crackle when shook, and lasted forever. If you got a set of percale sheets for a wedding present (a very nice gift back when) you were still using them when the kids when off to college, no kidding. I have sheets that are over 36 years old that are in better shape than the ones I ordered and am returning. It burns me that I have to pay return shipping for this junk. These sheets could be called percale because they are tightly woven, but they are very, very poor quality. They are so thin as to be transparent; the hems are all ripply because they are off grain; and why can't pillow case hems be sewn properly by sewing the seam first and then folding over and sewing down the hem? How hard is that? These sheets would not last through a winter without ripping. The claimed 300 thread count means nothing. Is anyone going to send them to a textile lab or count the threads themselves? If the threads are made of short fibers rather than sturdy longer fibers, and those fibers are not tightly twisted into quality yarns, and the resulting yarns are of a very thin diameter, the fabric will be thin and will not wear well. I am so tired of marketing hype that consists of lies and misleading claims. The truth is that these sheets are cheap junk made in China, which isn't exactly known for its quality textiles. Had I known that they were made in China I would not have ordered them. We used to have such high quality sheets at reasonable prices made in the US and from cotton grown in the US that European visitors filled their suitcases with sheet sets to bring home with them. No more.
i purchased the percale sheet set, hoping they would have that same cool, crisp feel as some percale sheets that i already have.......... i was not disappointed................the sheets were very white, with a nice sage green scallop, and they are very crisp and cool feeling. i love the way they feel and how they fit nicely over our deep mattress. they wash up nicely. now they do tend to wrinkle a bit, so i do iron the pillowcases, but not the sheets. i am willing to put up with some wrinkles just to have cool, crisp sheets. i would definitly purchase these sheets again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. like it very much
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very god
I purchased these sheets because they are percale rather than sateen and I prefer the feel of percale. They are soft yet crisp and look terrific on our bed. The embroidered pattern is classic and adds just a touch of color. They are everything that I hoped they would be.
These sheets have a nice hand, and are crisp and cool. They launder beautifully. I press the pillowcases, which I always do, but they can be folded out of the dryer nicely, too. The quality is outstanding and the embroidery is a nice touch. Forget about the phony 500-600 Egyptian cotton you can read through; buy percale. This set is a great value.
ok, I am a sheet snob. I love COOL sheets with no nubbies or ickies on my sheets. I enjoy smooth, cool sheets and I don't really like a blanket on my at night (unless it's winter in Minnesota). Just reminds me of my grandma's house 40 years ago (dang, I must be getting old). So, I've searched and not had tremendous look throughout the years. However, I googled about the sheets I wanted and ordered these! I got the white ones with white trim and I absolutely LOVE them. I am ordering more now and am kindof pissed when I read the negative reviews. Are people being serious or just trying to be jerks? Cuz, really...I love them. I would not write a review like this if this sheet set wasn't EXACTLY what I was looking for. I don't iron them, but I also don't leave them in the dryer for a day. When they are dry, I throw them back on the bed or fold them up. I am about to buy them for my son's bed, cuz I'm not sure if it's hereditary or not - but they also like cool sheets. For this price, I really don't think you can go wrong.
Have washed these sheets several times since we received them and they have kept that crisp feeling that percale is noted for. I would recommed these sheets if you like that nice crisp feel. They are extremely comfortable and show no signs of giving up the crispy feeling that I love. Will be purchasing more soon for the guest room !
Was very excited to get these but upon washing and drying they simply became very wrinkled. The fabric is very cottony which is nice since it's getting warmer here in the NorthEast but you will need to bring all the pieces to the dry cleaners for some serious starch and ironing. Purchased along with these another set from the Hotel Collection and it was much better.
I washed them before placing on my new bed. Athough the pockets are cut for a deep mattress, it was a very strenuous tug to a get a near but off fit. As I stated before , they are too thin and too wrinkly. I would not buy them again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate in color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. After washing , they are incredibly wrinkly. I couldnt even iron them out.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate. It says the kind used in hotels...NOT... I've never seen sheets like this in any top hotel, motel that I've stayed in.
Unless you are lucky enough to own a mangle to iron these sheets or have full time help to do this type of chore, skip buying these sheets. Fresh from the washer and dryer they were so wrinkled I would have spent hours ironing them. Twin size might not be so bad but king size was way too much. Overstock was wonderful about refunding the cost less shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? white is white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. feel and look great
Excellent sheets. They are on my bed now. In hot,humid weather they feel wonderful. So smooth and cool. The fitted sheet fit my king mattress so well, even on the sides. I have found with some sheets that even though they are advertised to fit deeper mattresses that they will fit on the corners just fine but bow up on the sides and not cover the mattress. I did not have that problem with these sheets. The sides of my mattress are completely covered and actually needed to be tucked in a little. These are excellent percales. I just bought a set for twice the money and am sending them back. The fitted sheet does not fit, the elastic is far inferior and the fabric is not as smooth. And the Overstock sheets have lovely embroidery to boot. I am very pleased with these sheets.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Percale sheets are hard to find. Living in Florida I like crisp and soft and these have it all. These sheets wash real nice. I'm glad I found these sheets, at a excellent price too !!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love the sheets. I feel like I am a queen at bedtime...I love the embroidery and I loved the blue...not too dark and not too light just right!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate
These sheets were a little thinner than I expected, but very cool and comfortable to sleep on, which is what I was looking for. They wash and dry nicely. However, I wish the same sheets were available in a few other colors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quallity, although a little thinner than expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
ORDERED THE SAME SHEETS A YEAR AGO AND EVEN THOUGH THE ELASTIC CORNERS HAVE GIVEN OUT, THE PERCALE WAS WONDERFULLY CRISP AND HAD A GREAT FRESH FEEL AND SILKY SURFACE. SHOULD HAVE ORDERED A SECOND SET IMMEDIATELY, BECAUSE THE SET ORDERED RECENTLY THIS YEAR WAS AT LEAST HALF THE "WEIGHT" OF THE FIRST SET. NOT NEARLY AS CRISP. VERY LIMP PERCALE. REGRET WASTING MONEY ON THE CURRENT VERSION! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR THE MONEY.
These sheets are wonderful. They are cool and crisp. They remind me of the sheets that my grandmother hung up on the line to dry. When you smell the freshness of the outdoors you just can not wait to get into bed. they are thinner then the egytain cotton sheets that i use in the winter. I have bought so many sheets and used once and then gave them away because they felt awful. These are the only sheets to use in the summer on the hot summer nights. I have 2 sets and plan to get a third. I just can not say how nice these are to sleep with with in th summer. They due wrinkle a little but if you line dry and fold immediatly you will have no problems with wrinkles. If you use a dryer just fold while still warm you will be able to avoid the wrinkles. I LOVE THEM ! ordere bedfore the are sold out.
These sheets bring back memories of being at Grandma's house. Luxurious quality and comfort.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Luxurious
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Ordered these sheets along with Vashon Quilt , Crocill matress pad and Kristin King size bed from Overstock to upgrade my MBR at the shore. I wanted sheets that had some body to them and these percale sheets fit the bill. Wash nicely and look great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This is what sheets should be- breathable, easy to take care of and pretty. I would never iron sheets, don't care about wrinkles as many of the other folks writing reviews. I am sorry it's hard to but bottom sheets that fits a "normal" mattress, I guess everyone but me has those extra deep ones. Memory foam is OK for pillows, but it's hot ( temp wise, not lingo wise) for a mattress topper. But that's not the fault of the sheets- they can fit deep mattress, so on mine they are bunchy. That doesn't bother me, just be advised.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fine, but I never thought I'd see the day when I'd paid this much for sheets!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
The quality of these percale sheets is shameful. I washed them and immediately took them out of the dryer when they were dry. The wrinkles are so deeply embedded in the sheets that it took me twice as long to iron them as my regular sheets and still the wrinkles are there! The sheets feel like paper not percale. Yes, I have always ironed my sheets and I expect them to look like I have taken the time to iron them and to feel like my other percale sheets. This was BIG mistake!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Terrible and not at all like the percale I have purchased in the past