This is exactly what I was looking for! It brings to mind the texture of the old fashioned picnic blanket, the kind your parents kept in the back of your wood-paneled station wagon! If you want a super super soft blanket, you'd be better off with fleece or another synthetic. This is wool and feels woolen...toasty warm for the colder months. The color is beautiful and slightly darker than the photo appeared on my moniter. It is not as dark as a navy blue, more of a dark Williamsburg blue. It is a really pretty color without being too bold. It will blend with most tones of blue. Be aware that this blanket is dry clean only. I'm very pleased with my purchase, especially since I looked high and low for this shade of blue and was only able to find it on Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? slightly darker and richer looking
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I do reenactment work from the Late 1500 to the early 1600 and I bought this Throw because it is actually similar to a Brat. which is a kind of cloak that would have been worn in Ireland around this time period, held together with a penannular brooch. I was going to be working in cold weather for the first time and needed to keep warm and this Throw did the trick. it Keeps you very warm. Very satisfied with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a very good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the wool and weave on this throw is very good. its a loose a weave which is exactly what I wanted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very actuate description
Beautiful and classy . Adds a nice touch for fall or winter in a guest room, bedroom or living room. Nice quality, not your cheap synthetic stuff . Wool is hard to find, natural fabrics are hard to find, even cotton. If you want to "cozy up " a room for winter, this does it ! It gives texture and depth to any bed or chair. I so want to buy another and wish there were more colors ! My summer guest room instantly became a "fall " haven. Everyone wants to spend the night !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The sage color is gorgeous and adds a cozy atmosphere to any room for fall or winter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding, wool, not cheap synthetic material, so nice to find for this price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, I made a mistake with the burgundy color and thought it would be mauve - it is really reddish
Very impressed. Ordered charcoal grey, although it is a bit lighter than what I would consider charcoal. Also easy to feel good about this purchase since it is 30% recycled. Not too heavy and surprisingly not scratchy for 100% wool. An excellent deal.
The perfect thing for sitting on my leather couch until the heater warms the place up. Also, it really looks nice. I would have preferred a slightly larger size, though this works, and maybe this is typical throw size. It was surprising (and nice) to see that it was made in Italy. I didn't notice that initially, and expected Pakistan or some similar area known for cheap labor. The color of the gold one is exactly like the photo. The only (minor) issue is that mine still shows the folds from being shipped in a small box. It is dry clean only, yet that may be the only way to remove this. Still, I may get the burgundy one as well.
Overall I am pleased with the throw. It is a nice size and appears to be well made. I ordered the natural color and expected it to be more of a cream or ivory shade. It is actually it is a subtle yellow or maize color. It's okay for where I planned to use it, but just be aware that the color on your monitor is not true to the product. The thrown is darker than what is shown and much more warm toned. It is 100% wool (although part of its makeup is recycled wool), so for the price I am happy.
Have the natural color. This has become one of my favorite throws to cuddle up on the couch with. It looks very expensive, is a good size, feels like wool; but is not scratchy. I just love the self-fringe on the ends. The simplicity of this throw just adds to its classic beauty.
Lovely throw. Natural is a nice ivory color. Lots of fringe. Drapes well. Note that this is a twill weave, not "plain" as noted in description (but you can see by examining photo). I think the little bit of texture in the weave makes the throw more attractive.
This is a very nice tightly woven herringbone pattern--very pretty. I purchased the gold color throw. The color is very nice and just what I wanted. It matches my decor perfectly! It's 100% wool, so it's going to be a bit scratchy. I use it to cover/protect my sofa where my kity spends a lot of his day.