The set looks really nice. It is quite a dark set. The curtains do a nice job blocking the light. I wish that they would give you 8 sets of panels instead of only 4 because really that only does 2 windows and you have 2 valances left over. It's a very odd way of setting up curtains. They are very nice overall and I haven't really had any issues with the animals snagging the material. I have 2 puggles who love to wrestle and they just sort of slide around on the comforter. The little lines of chenille are neat. The backing of the blanket appears to be cotton and is fairly soft. Good value for the money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is hard to tell exactly what the colors are on the website, but frankly, it's no easier in person. They are sort of gray and brown, but they all blend nicely. The sheets are kind of a cream color with a brown stripe and the accent pillows are almost a sage green. The curtain tiebacks are the same sage green as the throw pillows.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is pretty decent. I was a little leary of the sheets because they are only a 200 thread count, but they have a brushed feeling which makes them feel nice and soft. The comforter was taken to the laundry mat and put through the queen loader and then put into the dryer at medium heat. It came out just fine. There were a few lose threads around the end, but nothing major. The sheets are a good size, but probably not good if you have a deep mattress. I have a regular king size bed and went with the California king set to have some extra length on the comforter. I'm glad I did. it doesn't seem too long - really just about the size I would want it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description was accurate. For the euro shams, you'll need to buy the Euro pillows (over stock has them fairly cheap) as they don't fit a normal pilllow.
I have been looking for comforters/bed in bag for my bedroom for quite some time. There are so many pieces to this set that it is incredible. The colours are even richer than the picture, The silvery green is a little darker but I prefer it darker. The brown is a deep espresso, very nice. Very rich and elegant set. The sheets are white and I woulld have preferred a darker colour but are very soft. Also the top of the comforter is a little rough not a satiny feel as I would have expected by picture but undeneath the comforter is so soft. A great purchase.
I love this set. It's so rich looking and makes our room look stunning. My only complaint was one of the pillowcases tearing some after the first washing. Other than that, I'd buy this set again in a heartbeat!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall quality was pretty good, but one of the pillowcases tore after the first washing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The room in a bag set was an excellent choice and product. It made such a difference n the bedroom. It made the room look so rich and elegant. The sheets are so comfortable to sleep on that you dont want to get up the next day and they don't lose their fabric quality after washing. The curtains really assist in making it a beautiful set.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close to exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
What a great deal. The sheets are like butter, unbelievably soft. And the colors are so rich and beautiful. The comforter is not heavy, thin enough to cover with without getting warm. It looks absolutely beautiful in our bedroom. We loooove this set and would highly recommend it to anyone!
The comforter is not as large as I hoped I have a king size bed but my bed seems to swallow any comforter. The product is Excellent the sheets are a yellow color but they feel amazing and the color is darker then what is pictured but its an really great look for my master bedroom.
Sorry it took so long to write a review but my apartment was just ready after a month delay so I just put this set on my bed but I know the way the comforter looks. There was no irregularities in this set. I bought this to fit an Eastern King bed and the fitted sheet fits perfectly. The curtains work like a eclipse curtain and keeps the early morning sun out for those days you want to sleep in. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Thanks!!!!
I'm by far more satisfied with this comforter set purchase than I was with the last 4 or 5 similar purchases made for the same room. The comforter is the best part of the set, no doubt. It is really elegant-looking without looking too feminine -- something I have to consider when decorating a room my husband spends much time in. I don't use all the pieces, but even still, I feel like I got a great deal. I ordered cal-king and everything fit very well, and the comforter is generously-enough sized for my taste. The decor pillows could use more filling, but they're ok. Some notes on colors, since it was hard to judge based on this photo: The striped side of the comforter, the regular shams, and the valances are all made from the same fabric -- various shades of brown separated by a decorative chenille seam -- but because of the effect of the sheen, can reflect back some golden, silvery and even reddish-purple tones in various light. This is a really pretty and subtle effect which keeps the colors from appearing too dark or dull and gives it polish. The solid underside of the comforter is a light khaki brown fabric with some sheen to it. The curtain panels are a dark chocolate, not the same fabric, sheen or texture as anything else so I can't say they truly match the set, but they coordinate well enough. The euro shams and decor pillows are a khaki GREEN. This seemed an "off" choice to me, so I don't use them, but I never intended to. The sheets I got are a cream which borders on soft yellow, and decent quality, no raves or complaints there. All in all, I'm really pleased. I think think it will hold up well, too. But maybe the best part is that I finally have something I like the look of, where the fabric doesn't constantly catch on my dog's nails, or form an unearthly bond with his hair. It's the little things, you know?
The sheets and so on are fine. As expected for this price. Overstock did drop the price two days after I ordered the set and would not give me that 10%, so I will avoid them from here out, but again the bedding is what you would expect at this price. Looks nice, could be softer, adequate.
It's a beautiful bed set. The material is not as nice as it looks in the pic, the sheets are okay but not amaizing, kind of scratchy and the colors are NOT black/grey/silver as they come off in the pic- they are pretty still but dont match our walls or furniture that is black and silver. The bed set is aactually like brown and an almost greenish color. Still pretty and a good deal for the money if you are looking for a quick easy change, it changed the whole room.
We purchased a second home and were starting from scratch with everything from curtains to kitchen items. This bed-in-a-bg fits the new bed and windows perfectly, and is elegant looking. True to color. We love it. Does need to be ironed upon arrival; after living in that tiny bag, everything gets pretty "scrunched". Maintains its look and does not wrinkle easily, however.
Hi i live in australia, and we can not get california king here, i am very very happy with what i received and will be purchasing more items
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly what i thought
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. extremely good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I originally bought this with the intent of the comforter being bigger than what we would need for a king size mattress because our old comforter wasn't long or wide enough to cover the bottom or sides of our mattress. This set is long enough but not quite wide enough to cover two adults while sleeping. We didn't end up using all the pieces that came with the set - I don't have fancy pillows to use with the pillow shams that are included. I don't have two curtain rods up to do the valence but did end up hanging all 4 sets of included curtains on one rod - even though they're sheer, they surprisingly do a good job of blocking out a good bit of light. I absolutely LOVE the sheets that came with this set, but even being a "California King" size, the sheets didn't fit our pillow top mattress. Big bummer. I also wish I had seen that this comforter was labeled as "dry-clean" before purchasing. I can't imagine how much it'll cost to get cleaned. On the positive, the colors are nice and it seems to be well constructed so far. Even if the set came with nothing but the comforter, I'd say I got a pretty good deal at the price - comforters are typically expensive! It was an added bonus to get the bed skirt and curtains as far as I'm concerned - even if I can't or don't need to use the other items that came with this set.