I am pleased with the quilt set, I've looked for years for bedding to go along with the oriental theme. I have accumulated many items overseas and used them to decorate one bedroom. This set is perfect and goes well with all the art and items in the room. It resembles the cotton batik, also, the backing is the same muslin only in the solid off burgundy color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The red leans more towards an orange-burgundy color, not really a red. The pic on my monitor looks brighter and the white is ecru.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is as I expected for the price, there is one slight defect of missed dye on the quilt but not enough to cause me to return the product. The bedskirt is very cheaply made and probably won't put up with much abuse.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was fairly accurate, I would add that the quilt motifs are oriental in detail with men and women in oriental dress along with pagodas and palm trees.
I was happy to find this set to complete my asian inspired guest room. Colors are muted burgandy and beige which allows me to accesorize with pillows etc. The quality was what I expected and received. . The weight was perfect and I loved the scalloped edges. After washing and using fabric softner the feel of the fabric was much softer to the touch. Pillow shams were smaller than I expected but my inserts fit perfectly. I hope you love this quilt set as much as I do.
This is exactly what I was looking for, for my master bedroom. The size is generous enough for my King Bed, to allow me to tuck the sides behind the bed rails. The color is a red/orange but works great for me. I have not washed it yet and the material is a little stiff but I am still super satisfied with it. Also have gotten lots of compliments since it has been on my bed.
This is a very lightweight quilt and constructed well. .It was hard to tell from the photo, but the design is an oriental motif and very pretty. The color looks exactly like the photo. Added an accent colored pillow and it really makes the quilt pop. The only "con" is the sizing. I ordered a full size. and It is a little large for a full size bed. I had to make a fold down the middle of the bedshirt in order to make it fit correctly and not have the white thin fabric that fits on the boxspring show. Other than that it makes a lovely appearance.
I can not tell you how lovely this bed cover is , I ordered two sets, after I received my first one I just had to order another one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect - beautiful- color great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this product is made so very well , I
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? complete good
I looked at this set for at least two years just admiring. One day with a nice Overstock coupon I went ahead and ordered it based on reviews and the price already being so desirable. Low and behold, this set is FANTASTIC! The quilt alone would cost $$$ in a brick and mortar store and the shams would take on another $$ each. Very high quality quilting on top of a soft cotton fabric. The shade of red is perfect. A true "blue red", no orange or sienna tone to it at all. The pattern is of an asian village scene that is reminiscent of a 'toille'. High end dust ruffle compliments the entire ensemble. I have this set up in my guest room on a cherry sleigh bed. Every time that I enter the room, I am still in love with this. And the price point is amazing.......buy it, you will love it.
I like the overall impression of the quilt and shams; they brighten the room they are in. However, the quilt is oddly made. There are two randomly placed seams down the length of it; I tried to place them evenly on the bed and then realized that isn't possible given their spacing. I am not sending it back, because the seam issue is not really that noticeable given the bed's placement in the room. It would be an issue if the bed were centered in the room. This construction is not standard for a bed covering and I believe Overstocks.com should note the seam issue in its description of the quilt. Additional info: The colors are slightly off from what showed in my monitor; what appeared to be bright white is more of an ivory and the red is multi-tonal. (I am not using the bedskirt, so I am not rating it.)
We were looking for an aloha motif for our bedroom and we found this quilt. I worried that it would be sparse and thin. However, it is quilted and sewn with the highest quality for beauty and durability.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Once again I shopped Overstock and am not disappointed. I am very happy with my new quilt set. The color and quality are exactly as promised. It compares favorably with others I have seen in stores at a better price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality compares favorably to other quilts I've shopped in stores.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just as described
Love my new quilt set. Puts a PUNCH of color in my bedroom!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
The quilt misses an Excellent rating because of seam off-center runnning entire length of quilt. A quilt or spread should not have any seams on the tops; it distracts from the attractiveness. I kept it because of company arriving soon and I wasn't sure if I would get another one with the same seam.