I was pleasantly surprissed! The color is richer than the picture shows. The quality is just as described and better once you get this. I thought it would be heavier and didn't want a throw that was too cumbersome or too heavy! This is just perfect. When thrown on furniture it very much compliments the bed or furniture. It makes the area look like something out of a magazine! It is perfect for summer when the A/C may be too chilly. It is both beautiful and functional! As for the "Chenille" I worried as having purchased in a dept. store Chenille it can shed. This THROW DOES NOT SHED!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The picture online did not do this throw justice. The color is rich w/beautiful narrow tan stripe
- How is the quality of the product? 100% perfect quality!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This throw is very nice. I have one from restoration hardware that cost more than 175.00. This is just like it, different pattern and not so darn heavy. Buy if, you will not be dissapointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was same as site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. don't hesitate..this is very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was spot on. you might need to air it out because of packaging smell..I put mine in the dryer with a dryer sheet. perfect!
This throw is one of the nicest I have ever purchased. It is quite heavy and thick. The colors are rich and deep. The gold ones that I purchased were a bit darker than the picture. The darker stripes make it seem very high end. Very lovely--would buy again. Thick and cozy, well made, good finish work. These will last.
I would definitely purchase this again. After a couple of days in use my puppy "marked it" and it needed cleaning. It was marked Dry Clean Only, but I put it in my washer on the most delicate cycle and it came through just fine, smelling like a rose! It did just fine in the dryer on low as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is very similar to the photo and additionally had a beige woven in that really works well with the room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am very pleased with the weight and quality. It is a nice, fairly tight weave and very heavy.
Color was as shown on the website. The quality was excellent, and the feel is luxurious. The description was accurate. I like it so much I'm ordering another one for another room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I bought the gold-colored throw and really liked the color and feel. I bought this throw because one reviewer mentioned how they washed theirs in a washing machine and all was fine. After all, who buys an everyday throw and dry cleans it frequently?!?!? I have washed mine about 5 times now and it will be the last time. The material of the throw was all over the washing machine and anywhere else it briskly touched during removal. I had to empty the dryer lint filter TWICE while drying it as both times it was absolutely FULL!! This throw does say dry-clean recommended and the manufacturer means it!! Great throw for decoration, but certainly not for everyday use for the buyer who plans on washing it themselves.
this is a very nice and quite heavy throw; luxurious and expensive in feel. i bought the olive and burgundy (really bold, rich dark red, not purply at all) throws. note: there is complementing beige pinstripe throughout -- it does detract from base color. so if you have other light colors in the room, then this will be a great throw. the only reason i think someone would not like this throw is if they don't like heavy blankets. but otherwise -- if heavy is what you're looking for -- then congrats...this is the throw for you! it drapes over a couch decoratively and will stay put if you distribute its weight accordingly (because it IS heavy, so it will fall and pile up if you don't distribute it). it looks great on my rich, brown leather sofa. it is perfect for a cuddle or a nap. DON'T BE CHEAP and SPLURGE on this throw. :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? burgundy is more a dark red, olive is correct. colors are pretty and RICH. note: there is complementing beige pinstripe throughout -- it DOES detract from base color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. loved it!
I was very pleased with this throw. It was not cheaply made. Very heavy duty I would say. The color was excellent. Just the right blue I was looking for. I use it on the back of my sofa where the dogs lay. It is soft and looks like it will not unravel. My only concern is it is dry clean only. I usually wash my throws because of the dog hairs and smells etc. I am hoping that I can wash it in cold water on a gentle cycle. It would be too expensive to keep having it dry cleaned. Right now I can shake it out and vacuum it off. It fits in with my decor perfectly and looks really great on the back of my sofa. I am very pleased with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very heavy and thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This was actually the second order I placed for these blankets. I ordered one in the celery and one in the gold. The colors are rich with a great silky sheen. The texture is soft and the blanket is very heavy and warm. The first order for these blankets was returned due to excessive flaws. Many threads were broken, and where those threads were broken, there were obvious holes which would easily grow over time and with use. It looks as though someone tried to repair some of the broken threads by hand knotting them back together again, which is just sloppy looking in a blanket that is selling for retail prices, not to mention uncomfortable when you're sitting on a great big knot. I received the replacements today and they also had similar problems (not as bad as the first set), but since I don't want to go through the exchange process again I'm just going to have them repaired myself. If it wasn't for the quality issue, these blankets would be perfect. Once repaired I know they will be great. I also want to say that customer service was exceptional through this whole ordeal and that I have never had a problem with quality on overstock.com before. This is obviously a recent manufacturing problem given that I purchased these blankets based on previous customer reviews which were all positive.
I have had this blanket for a year now. I have not yet washed it (don't worry, it is used mainly for decoration). It is a heavy weighted fabric. It shed a bit if you shake it out, but that seems to have stopped over time. I purchased the blue color, but it was a bit darker than shown online. It has more gray in it. Overall, a nice product.