I read the reviews and should have listened... The duvet is very wrinkled and not very soft. After one wash the threading around the edges are already showing/pulling. Just because it is a high thread count does not mean its high quality and its really not that soft either.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acurate
The quality of the sewing on the duvet was very poor. When I received it, there was extra thread all over it and I later discovered that was due to a slit down the side of one of the seams. So I ordered a replacement and when I took it out of the package, there was extra thread again. Upon looking at the seams, the sewing was very loose, so I just returned it. I would never purchase this product or recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was identical to what was online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The duvet cover had an overpowering formaldehyde odor when opened. The packaging smelled so bad, I removed it from the kitchen garbage and put it in the garage garbage can. The smell filled the garage within an hour, and I had to move the garbage can into the woods until trash pick up day. After washing the sheets six times in hot water, detergent and vinegar, the smell went away. So, the good aspect of this product is that it holds up well in the wash. I am not sure that it is safe to use on a bed.
These covers have a nice big opening at the bottom for inserting the comforter, which is much easier than other covers I have. The button closures are strong and work well. The reason I didn't give these five stars is because the cotton is slightly heavier than I had hoped for, but that means it should be sturdier too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was white like on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The cotton seems to be high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
The only reason I am giving this item 3 stars is because after washing once, the seaming near the buttoned opening began to unravel. There is now a hole that I need to go in and fix. I read reviews prior to purchasing and figured what were the odds of it happening to me, but it did. It is a small hole and an easy fix but still a hassle.
just received it today but i don't fancy the fabric too much, it doesnt feel like a 530 thread cts. (more like a 200 thrd cts.) I am hoping that they don't look worn out after I was them. I expected more softer, crispier cotton for this. The picture promised too much of the goods.
Wanted a slightly heavier duvet for the winter months. This fits the bill. Doesn't wrinkle much either.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was slightly deeper burgundy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate description.
I'm very pleased with the duvet cover and went back to purchase the sheet set to match. The quality is excellent and the gold color is just as described. The fabric has a nice silky sheen and I think it is going to wear well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was accurate
The duvet arrived within a couple of days. This fabric has a beautif hand with deep, rich color. I have paid much more for less, and I highly recommend this product.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Perfect
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes.
We loved these -- they were the perfect sage -- we got them for our daughter's room. They are a bit "noisy" at first until they are washed a couple of times -- just because the fabric is so thick. But I personally like that -- it feels like quality. We've had them for nearly a year now -- and couldn't be happier.
I bought this for my sons' dorm room in the fall. It's soft and he likes the color (navy). It's unfortunate that overstock doesn't carry any duvets with ties inside to prevent the comforter from slipping, I'll have to sew those in myself.
The duvet feels amazing and is large enough to drape over the sides of my bed, but now I feel like I have to buy clips to keep my down comforter from shifting inside. It's really good quality but be sure you check your item for defects before washing. i really recommend investing in high quality fabrics as it really makes a difference in the way the comfort of your sleep.