I bought this set and LOVED the design. When I got it home, the fabric was like a silk taffeta and looked fabulous on the bed. However, my dog got on the bed, damp from the rain and the next day the comforter was stained where she slept. Then, my husband threw his damp towel on the bed and, again, another stain. Within a few days of regular family use the comforter looked as if it were two years old. The silk taffeta is just not made for everyday bedding - this would look great in a guest room or for those kind of people that always fold their comforter down and do not sit on it or sleep under it. We called Overstock and they were fantastic about returning it for full refund even though we had used it - they agreed that this fit within their description of defective - which is why we buy all of our bedding here!
This is a nice-looking, high-quality comforter, but look carefully at the picture to make sure it's what you want. The pattern is not symmetrical, with virtually the whole right half of the comforter being solid green, and no embroidery--that's not immediately obvious in the picture, which shows the view from the left side. We were looking for a comforter that would lighten up our bedroom and the design on the pillows led us to believe the right half of the comforter would have similar alternation of dark and light, but it doesn't.
I was disappointed to find the comforter lacked a symmetrical design. The flowers are stitched to one side of the quilt, and the solid green to the other. This gives the look of a bedspread falling off the bed. Not a look that I care for at all. Toss pillows are pretty all be they small. I am returning the set immediately.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Strange
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Sort of.
Do not buy, this comforter looks like 2 different comforters put together? Over half of the comfoter is green and the other half has the flowers and cream strips. Looks like 2 different comforters put together!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Not good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
I was a bit hesitant, but Now that it's on the bed, I love it. Excellent choice. It dresses up the bed and the room. I was a bit nervous as I have cats and I know they'll be on it, exploring. They're fine, but just in case, I threw an old sheet on top of it all until company arrives. Excellent choice.
May 17th 2013 I got this set for my wife for Christmas 2012. After 5 months the seams on the pillows were coming undone at the stitching. There were spots on the comforter that have seams that are loosing stitching as well. Also there are various threads on the comforter that if you pull on them it creates a run. I am not to pleased with the quality of the stitching of this product. I have seen better Wal-mart grade items hold up better than this.Other than the stitching everything else seems to okay with the set.
Product is not as well constructed as I had hoped. It looks exactly like the picture on your site, but the three-layer comforter does not have enough stability, therefore shifting improperly. I have had to go in and actually do the "tacking" myself to make this item serviceable.
No complaint about the quality, but when I put the spread on the bed, I was shocked to see the right side of the spread was a LARGE panel of green. In the picture, it looks like it's a narrow panel, but it actually takes up half of the bed. I know that if the picture revealed that, I would not have purchased it. Unfortunately, I'm not a 'return' person, so the spread is on the bed, and I'm trying to get used to it.
Bedding has a good fit and looks very rich. Being able to purchase the complete set with pillows and shams made redocrating our room very simple.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color and pattern were as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It appears to of good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Was well made and would recommend. Had to buy fiber fill to make up the odd size pillow sham.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was more of an olive green color than sage green in description, but matched picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, high quality & a bargain for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Except for sage green color
Although the wrong comforter set was sent the first time, the on line assistant was very helpful and sent out the proper comforter set immediately. He also helped with the return of the wrong set. I am very happy with both the quality and the customer service of O.com.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good