We bought this mat, so that it would match with our Teak dining set and Teak shower stool, but it was a big disappointment. The wood is not Teak. It looks like some cheap wood, a lot of knots, and doesn't have the golden yellow smooth finish like our Teak dining set. There is no way this is Teak. It's a different wood. We have been using Teak furniture for years, and this is a lie. The mat also couldn't hold up in the wet environment. The wood turned black and multiple white dots. I would never recommend this product to anyone else, especially someone who loves Teak like us.
I purchased two of these small rectangular teak mats to go in front of the swimming pool steps, as it gets hot at times out where we live, and I wanted to protect my little ones' feet. However, I bought them to match my patio decor, and now after a few weeks of use, they are so faded that I'm either going to have to restain them or try to find a different manufacturer. Slightly disappointed due to aesthetics, but they appear durable nonetheless. If you don't care what they end up looking like, they definitely are functional.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color faded quickly after a few weeks in the sun.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The finish appears to hold, but the color looks awful now.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? For what came out of the package, it was accurate. Few weeks later, not so much.
Having just remodeled our master bath, I was looking for something natural and clean looking. My designer recommended that I look at purchasing a teak bath mat. The size of this is perfect for the space, and I can't imagine needing anything bigger for stepping out of the shower. It feels comfortable on the feet, much like what you might expect at a spa. The wood color is as pictured, nice warm shades of honey brown.
This mat is well made, but a little too large to use in front of the shower door by the toilet. Need more room, otherwise you stub your toes on it to avoid the toilet. So I used inside the shower instead. The water has bleached it a little, but the quality is outstanding.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Nice mat. Wish it was a little larger. May get another as part of our rinse-your-sandy-feet system at our cottage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Study and attractive.
I now have 3 of these mats. I bought another type that costs more but wasn't nearly as sturdy.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I love this bath mat. It is perfect. It brings a spa like feel to my bathroom and beats stepping out of the hot shower onto a cold floor!!! I'm very happy with it and wished that my other bathroom door opened differently so that I could fit another one in front of that shower!
This teak mat is sturdy (and I am sure it will therefore be very functional), but I would recommend it mainly because it is beautiful and elegant visually. I would like the mat even more if it were longer since it is being used as a tub mat, but maybe we can eventually get another one. It was packed well with corner buffers, so it was in perfect condition.
I was extremely pleased w/ the craftmanship and quality of the teak floor mats. I ordered two, and am using them in my shower. I found them on overstock.com after searching other websites. I received information w/ my order that teak mats to create flooring systems can also be ordered through overstock.com for patios, swimming pool areas, and miscellaneous areas. Anyone looking for teak mats would be pleasantly pleased and happy with their purchase. I am!!