Ordered one for each of my two afghan-loving sons for their birthdays. They each have an apartment, one in college and the other out and working. What caught my eye was the bright blue, but it was no longer available, so I went with black for each. They each seem to love their afghans, bar none to the cat though. He loves the fox-tail trim!
I was really expecting more from this purchase. The faux fur is soft, but it isn't as soft as it might be, and It really looks fake. (I got the cocoa brown one.) The fringes look clunky and really get in the way sometimes. When I use it as a lap throw, I have to fold the top end down to get the fringes out of the way. And that shows the loose lining on the back side, which brings me to my major objection. What really continues to bother me is that loose lining on the back. Again, the fabric choice could have been better With no topstitching or other attempt to keep it in place, the result is it flops around freely, slides to the side or the front, affecting the shape and appearance of what should be a high end looking piece. When I try to use it, I feel like I'm constantly rearranging it and trying to get it to behave. The end result from my point of view is that what was intended to be a soft, warm relaxing treat isn't delivering the way I hoped it would. I should note that I have a long history of sewing and working with fabric, so I have pretty high standards for fabric items based on that. If this had been my project, I would never have called it done and walked away satisfied with it. As a matter of fact, I'm still trying to decide on the best remedy I can come up with for the lining problem. I'm just glad I didn't give this as a gift.
These throws are gorgeous. They are thick and cuddly and elegant . I ordered one in blackberry and one in the beige version. They arrived well packaged, on time and were priced well when considering the quality. Most of the O items I have ordered have the special something extra.
I purchased this throw in bright white and love it!! Its very luxurious looking! Was looking for something that fits into my all white shabby chic livingroom and also something I could drape over the ottoman that my dogs love to jump on as soon as they come in the door.. The faux fur is good at disguising their fur and dirty paws better than a solid throw. But it's sooo soft and cuddly that I end up fighting the dogs for it and keeping it on the sofa.. May be ordering a second for them;)
I would give this throw a two thumbs up----all my friends and family love to wrap up in this throw, it really keeps you warm and even displays well over a chair or couch. I will probably purchase another one. I bought the Tiger Lily and it's so rich in color and the tails at the end really makes the room stand out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is the actual color on website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very rich in quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fits the description to the tee.
Just looking for a reason to get another one! Matches my decor so well! O.Co for life!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect! Very Rich
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
exactly what i was looking for I could not wait to get this ,I seen it it a *** store for the same price but not the color i wanted.. so i search for ever and finally found it here on Over stock! true Marlo Lorenz true vibrant colors and the FOX Tails are a must for a perfect touch on the ends.. I wish I didn't have to leave home with out it!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same color what I was looking for ,
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so soft and comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect details on this item
beautiful, plush, soft and keeps me warm and toasty. i love it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is exactly as advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality, stitching is fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
This is a GORGEOUS throw! I just ordered a second one. The Blackberry Wine is a deep amethyst and the fabric is lush with a nice backing fabric as well. It is oversized and has a nice heaviness that will feel great cuddling on chill winter evenings.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
i love this throw. it's large enough to cover me when i'm relaxing on my recliner. it's so warm and super soft. the color is striking, i got the moroccan blue. it's really pretty and perks up that corner of my living room. lots of compliments. love it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? tops
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I absolutely LOVE this throw -- the Foxtail Trim makes it seems more glamorous -- like something from the 1930s. What another customer commented on was that the backing wasn't sewn to the front, and yes, it can be slippery, but I can sew that myself if it really bothers me and right now it doesn't. Love love love it!