Get a good nights sleep with this delightful Hotel Grand white down featherbed. This 100 percent cotton featherbed is incredibly soft and has a luxurious white duck down and feather filling. The featherbed has a baffle box construction....more
Rest in luxurious comfort with this inviting down pillowtop featherbed. This 5-inch featherbed showcases a white down pillowtop.
Shell material: 100-percent cotton
Thread count: 233
Type of fill: White duck down and feather
Fill power: 500
Construction: Baffle box construction
Care instructions: Dry clean
Twin: 39 inches wide x 75 inches long with 8 pounds of white feather/down in bed and 10 ounces of white down in the pillowtop
Full: 54 inches wide x 76 inches long with 12 pounds of white feather/down in bed and 13 ounces of white down in the pillowtop
Queen: 60 inches wide x 80 inches long with 14 pounds of white feather/down in bed and 16 ounces of white down in the pillowtop
King: 78 inches wide x 80 inches long with 17 pounds of white feather/down in bed and 19 ounces of white down in the pillowtop
Cal-king: 72 inches wide x 84 inches long with 17 pounds white feather/down in bed and 19 ounces white down in the pillowtop
Down and feather-filled products are packaged tightly during shipping. Upon receipt, remove this item from its packaging, fluff gently, and allow several hours for full loft recovery. In addition, products sealed in plastic packaging sometimes have a disagreeable scent because of concentrated natural fibers. A few hours of airing typically removes the odor.
The digital images we display have the most accurate color possible. However, due to differences in computer monitors, we cannot be responsible for variations in color between the actual product and your screen.
I have purchased two of these featherbeds. One for myself, one for my son and his wife. I have slept on mine over a year. It is wonderful. Stays in place on the bed, due to heavier weight. So soft and comfortable to sleep on. No sticks! Will require fluffing every few days, to keep it lofty. I have a queen, and use a King size sheet over the featherbed and my mattress. You want to have a bit of looseness in your sheet for fuller comfort. Don't hesitate to purchase this wonderful Down/feather bed. I have owned several featherbeds, that cost three times the price. This is the best featherbed I have ever purchased.
Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
from Shelby Township Michigan,
Jun 12, 2006
I bought this item in Sept. 07, and when it came it smelled funny (like a barn yard) so I aired it out and after a few minutes it smelled fine. I put a featherbed cover over it as well to encase it. It was so comfy and we loved it - but just for about 3 months. The feathers started to poke through both the featherbed and the cover! Every day I was picking up feathers in our bedroom.
It got worse and worse until yesterday there were hundreds of feathers poking through. Finally, I had to take it outside onto the front yard yesterday and then had to just throw it away. There were feathers all over my house, on the stairs, in the yards, etc. What a waste of money! I can't believe how many feathers found their way through. I strongly recommended that you don't buy this defective item.....
The reviews seemed fine, but I noticed that none of them were written after the consumer had the product for a while. I would have written a great review during the first month of use! How disappointing :(
This is a great sleeping experience! I love the feel of climbing into this bed! But I do have some advice for those new to featherbeds!
I've been sleeping on a mattress that's too hard and thought a featherbed would be a cheaper alternative to a new mattress. I puchased this bed 2 years ago, along with a featherbed cover. It's a great featherbed, I think most people would be disappointed in the cheaper featherbeds; the loft flattens quickly so it's best to buy one with the maximum ounce of down that you can afford. Featherbeds must be fluffed everyday to have maximum comfort regardless of the amount of fluff--not for lazy housekeepers! The cover that I purchased shrank and no longer fits the featherbed--it is also hard to put on the featherbed--similar to wrestling a python into a burlap sack-- not a pleasant experience. Again, not for lazy housekeepers. I am currently sleeping on the featherbed without a cover. It's been my experience that fitted sheets do not work with featherbeds. Anything that constricts the featherbed and the featherbed does not fit the mattress properly, becomes lumpy, or flattens to a pancake, which really defeats the purpose of the bed in the first place. If you're willing to endure those hassles, then a featherbed is for you!
After reading such high reviews, I bought this featherbed. IT is so awful, I have taken it off my bed after only 3 months of use. Feathers float everywhere and stick you all the time. My husband and I were never comfortable sleeping on this featherbed. Save your money.
I purchased this in May...now it is November and it is in the garbage already. It was wonderful when I first purchased it. Slowly over the months it started loosing feathers. They started to poking through and they are really sharp. It also took me forever to get the feathers from the underside of the featherbed out of my mattress. They were in there pretty good. I have a feeling I will be finding feathers for a long time.
I had spent weeks looking at different toppers and reading reviews. I was hoping the 5in gusset would provide a little more softness to my already firm and over priced mattress. It looks impressive after the first 2 days of allowing it to "fluff up", but simply lying on it for a few minutes that feeling is over. I would have returned it, but the cost to do that would have still cost me half as much as the purchase price. It will do for now until I can find something else.
I had bought a memory foam mattress for my place in San Francisco, as the cool gel memory foam mattress I have in my New York City place keeps me cool and comfy, but alas the San Francisco mattress just wasn't as much fun to hard to stiff so I got this to put on top and am in love, hated that I had to open it and not sleep on for 48 hours so the feathers could puff up but after that 48 hours I am in sheer heaven :-)
Bought this for our bed to keep from buying a new mattress. It's been slept on a few nights and was very comfy. I just hope the filling don't knot up after awhile. But for the price (and it was on sale) it's a good deal.
Thank you for shopping with us kelspt415. Yes, it is hypoallergenic, but not dust mite proofed. Have a great day.overstockcustomercare1 on Apr 29, 2014
So in the base of the topper it says there is 8 lbs of "white feather/down". Exactly what percentage is down vs. feather?taylrmm4680 on Feb 19, 2014Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Hi taylrmm4680, we were able to verify this information with our support team. The top is filled with at least 75% down cluster, the other 25% is down fiber, feather fiber and feathers. The base is filled with 100% feather. We hope this helps. Thanks for shopping with us. overstockcustomercare1 on Feb 25, 2014
How much of this item is feather and how much is down in terms of percentage (e.g., 50% feather / 50% down)?dcdane on Feb 8, 2014Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Hi dcdane, we were able to verify this information with our support team. The top is filled with at least 75% down cluster, the other 25% is down fiber, feather fiber and feathers. The base is filled with 100% feather. We hope this helps. Thanks for shopping with us. overstockcustomercare1 on Feb 25, 2014
Hello nc77kitkat , thank you for your interest in the Hotel Grand Luxurious Downtop Baffle Box 5-inch Gusset Featherbed. WE have several different covers. I would suggest looking on the web site to see which one you would like. Thank you for shopping with us.
overstockcustomercare1 on May 10, 2013
why did this come in without any labels? how do I know it isn't used?gramishouse on Nov 6, 2013
Hello gramishouse, Some of our items may arrive with out brand label or manufacture packaging as we acquire some products before they go through the packaging process. This allows us to offer the product at a better price to our customers. I can assure you we do not carry used bedding, and we stand behind every product we sell. Should you ever experience an issue with any of our items please contact Customer Care at 1-800-The-BIG-O (843-2446).
Thank you for shopping with us.overstockcustomercare1 on Nov 6, 2013
The bottom of mine is also box constructed and the boxes are a little bit bigger than the top ones.pecannan on Apr 30, 2013
I didn't see a anwser for the other question. But it looks like a thin mattress on top of a thicker mattress. is the entire pad all down feathers? or is the top inch feathers then what is the rest? is there a mattress cover you can get for it or is one not needed? Does it just lay on your mattress or does it go on your mattress like a fitted sheet and does a reg queen sheet then fit over it easily? and what is the thread count?smachersmom on Sep 9, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
This bed has a five-inch feather base and a down-filled top. This item lays on top of your regular mattress and can be covered with a mattress pad or fitted sheet. This item has a 233-thread count.overstockcustomercare1 on Sep 12, 2012
Is the "box" construction on the bottom of the bed or just the top?tcalmes on Aug 30, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.Shop O.com®IT'S ALL ABOUT THE O - OVERSTOCK.COM