No need to remove the mattress before installing this bed skirt which enables you to do it on your own. Received it neatly packed...in fact, after setting up the ironing board to iron it before putting it on, ironing wasn't necessary. It was packaged very nicely. Grommets are well spaced to use the upholstery-type screws to hold it in place. Coming in 3 pieces was brilliant, making install even easier. VERY pleased.
I did not realize that the bedskirt was pinned into the box spring when I bought it, but I love it. I was lucky that I had a box spring. If you don't have a box spring, it won't work for you! Great bedskirt - beautiful, although a little more ivory than pictured, and very easy to put on the bed.
I loved everything about this product, except I wish it were available in a 21-inch drop. We had a Tempur-Pedic bed, so the dop is quite long. The 17" length wasn't enough to allow us to tuck in the bedskirt under the matress, so we attached the bedskirt with tailor's tacks. At least our handiwork can't be seen when the bed is made!
My husband and I put the bedskirt on and like it very much - only one comment is that the curley tacks were hard to get in and then stay in because we screwed into wood. They would pop out so we had to use additional regular tacks. Other than that it looks very nice.
You do have to lift up & move the mattress in order to attach the skirt. The eyelets are not close enough together so when you use the screws it doesn't hold the skirt so it hangs properly. Screws were flimsy & bent easily. It also has to be dry cleaned & I didn't notice that in the description. A lot of work & just as easy to slide full skirt under mattress. I'm going to return it if I can figure out how.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor. You had to use screw type things to attach the bedskirt. There weren't enough eyelets in the bed skirt nor enough screws so the bedskirt didn't drape properly. The screws bent easily.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair. The length is adjustable, but it's not easy to put on & you do have to lift up the mattress to attach the skirt.
I have been looking for a long time for a bed skirt that would go all the way to the floor. I was so happy when I found this one on Overstock.com. It is perfect and looks really elegant with my comforter. It is also a snap to put on!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? . It is very accurate