I ordered this overnight on a Friday and, despite Presidents Day Monday, I received it Wednesday. Absolutely striking! Great value. I am extremely pleased. I am going with an Asian motif, so I have, primarily, black accessories to go with it (eg. parasol, hand fans, paper lantern, wall art). I am surprised at how well it keeps me warm in cold weather, even though it's lightweight. The only thing I would perhaps change is the color in the description. It's not purple, but it didn't look purple in the pic. It looked more of a dusty rose, and that's what it looks like in person. I'm not into pinks, but this really does add a feminine touch to the bedroom, while adding a flair for the dramatic with the black accents/trim.
This is a good value for the price. However, there are several raveled fringes and loose threads at the seams. I am afraid if I wash it, it may come apart. I like the color, however, the black isn't as shiny as I expected and the embroidery isn't completed filled in. I took a note about the size and ordered one size up- king size, but didn't realize the pillow shams go from standard to king, so that is another dilemma. It's pretty light, but since it is oversize for my queen bed, that is not a problem for me. For the price, it is a nice addition to my bedroom, but afraid it will not be durable or last more than a year.
I love it, its sexy and looks expensive and makes me excited to make up my bed in the mornings.. I love coming home and looking at my super sexy, silky, delicious bed. Love it ... best part of the day! :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I read previous reviews and was acutally looking for a champaign colored bedspread... its is not purple but champaign colored.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is ok, there are a few threads that are hanging off but its not like Gionni Versace hand stiched this or anything so... its perfect for what I paid for it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect except for the "purple" label, Im not sure who said it was purple...
Elegant , great value & pretty. Ive searched a lot online for a nice bedding , this was the best. Im so happy with it. The only concern is that based on other reviews, Ive ordered a King size for my Queen bed. As mentioned on that review , King size will cover all the bed & makes it more pretty. That was true , but the king size pillows will be too big for the bed. Still Im happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's a little darker , but still prety
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? completely clear
I JUST GOT MY NEW FONTAINE COMFORTER SET TODAY. I LOVE IT. LIKE ALL THE OTHER REVIEWS SAY,,,,,,,,,,, ITS NOT PURPLE. IT LOOKS JUST THE WAY IT DOES IN THE PICTURE !!!! SAME COLOR AND EVERY THING. I HAVE A QUEEN BED SO I GOT A SIZE KING COMFORTER AND IT DRAPES OFF MY BED AND LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!! IM GLAD I GOT A BIGGER SIZE. IT LOOKS WAY BETTER THEN GETTING A QUEEN SIZE. IM RECOMMENDING THIS COMFORTER & THIS WEBSITE TO EVERY ONE !!!!!!!!!!
I must say this bedset is absolutely beautiful. Beautiful color...DEFINITELY NOT "Dark Purple" as it was described (LOL) I would say its a dusty rose or mauve. It looks very elegant in my bedroom and is quite comfortable. Ofcourse I paired it with black sheets. To my surprise the material doesn't easily snag since my cat loves to jump on the bed. That's a major plus! I think for the price and quality this beats any other comforter set I've previously purchased from Target which usually is my favorite. If you are reading this and are thinking about buying this....look no further.
I am a little disappointed about the color, I have been searchin high and low 4 a purple comforter and I thought I had found it. Unfortunately, I had not, this comforter is more of a tanish or champagne color. However, I will say that the overall look of the comforter is VERY ELEGANT, my friends saw it and thought it was really expensive! It is definitely a great value 4 the look and feel of the set. But beware this is not PURPLE @ all, its not even close!!!!!
I absolutely love the look and feel of this comforter set. I was nervous it would be more brown then purple because most of the reviews stated such an issue. However to me the color appears more pinkish/ light purple against my purple walls. The pillow cases are huge so I have to upgrade my pillows to fit the pillowcases. Although this is not a down comforter it keeps me very warm. Really love the look and style of, makes me feel like royalty.
The sheet is pretty and as per the other reviews it is NOT purple. The color is nice. As for the size, I followed the other reviews and ordered a larger size (king size) - I wish I had not done that. The sheet is now too large for my bed. The thread in the pillow has come undone already. A decent purchase but it did not exceed my expectations.
Beyond the obvious color probs, the biggest prob with this comforter was in the middle, it almost looked like sheepskin. I thought it was inside out at first. There is this weird nappy like faded out part of the comforter in the middle that does not show up in the pictures. Really unattractive to the eye and the touch. I thought the comforter looked and felt very cheap. I would not feel luxurious under this. I sent it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The reviews were clear that the color was not purple, but I was expecting a light mauve or dusty rose. There is no hint of anything in the pink or purple family. It is more of a tan.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was not great at all. I thought it looked pretty cheap. The scrolling wasn't bad to me, I thought that was the prettiest part, but the color and the smushed pillows were a disappointment, although I'm sure the pillows would have poofed out eventually.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Obviously the color is off.
Considering the amount of stuff you get with this set, it's not a bad buy. Probably a better investment for a guest room than something you would want to sleep on every night. The quality is seriously lacking. I would send it back, but I already opened it and it would probably end up costing me more than it the hassle is worth. The comforter is stitched in weird spots and the material snags very easily. I have a cat, so this might last me a week if I'm lucky. The color description is misleading and, honestly, kind of depressingly gray. There are loose strings hanging off the end of the comforter looks like it may fall apart if it's washed. All in all, I'm pretty displeased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Like other reviewers mention, the color is not at all what it looks like in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the bedding is sub par, and will probably not hold up longer than a few months.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description is fairly accurate, other than the color - it is much more of a bronze/gray than purple.
I just got this fontaine seven piece purple comfort set .. I would not really call the color purple but its a pretty color.. Looks really great on my bed ..The black trim is wonderful and it has a very nice pattern. I would recommend this bedding set to add a touch of class to any bedroom setting .. Thank you for giving affordable produces with a expensive look . :)Happy Customer
I have been looking for a Beautiful Comforter Set to go on my new bed. I was first attracted to the Fontaine Fountain Purple set due to the color description. I was completely shocked when it arrived and we took it out of the box. It was no where near a purple color but a dusty pink. I was disappointed in the color, the fabric and the comforter set in general so I sent it back and finally got a black and white one where it is hard to mess up on colors such as Black and White.
I love this set. I originally ordered it in the king for my queen bed ,as other reviews recommended, but the pillows were just to big. I reordered the queen and put a black satin coverlet under neath it and matching black shams behind the taupe ones , looks fabulous. The color was exactly as I wanted, a true taupe. The black edging and detailing really make a statement.