I was really looking forward to getting this cover since it looked just like what I was searching for and was deep enough to fit. However, when I put it on the last corner, it ripped wide open at the side seam. I was so disappointed since everything else was right about it. Since it was such a bulky item I decided to sew it up myself rather than go through the hassle of returning it. The last thing I expected to do was repair a brand new item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the style but it ripped wide open the very first time I put it on the mattress
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product matched description
Mattress top is plush with deep pockets, however, when pulling the sides down over the mattress corners your fingers easily go through the material; as well, material pulls away from the top mattress covering. Very poorly crafted. Would not purchase again. Very surprising because this is not the Croscill quality I have been accustomed to in the past.
I have never been disappointed w/Croscill. This pattress pad is on my bed on top of a 4" thick mattress topper and it still fits the mattress just fine. It held up just fine through the wash and I don't have to worry about pulling it tightly at the corners, no ripping has happened. I would recommend it and it was a good price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This mattress pad is of very good quality. I plan to purchase another one for our guest room as it is very comfortable. As usual it was delivered on time (which was speedy). I could have gotten one at a local department store, but knew that I was getting a much better deal at Overstock.com. I shop at Overstock.com because I trust that I will receive excellent, honest service and save money on high quality products. I love getting the emails and looking at the deals.
I wanted a mattress cover for my king bed that would protect the mattress but keep me cool. I was interested in a modest price and easy to clean, and this fit the bill. Good value for the money. It was a bit difficult to put on the bed by myself, but I like the way it fits around the entire sides of the mattress. I am happy with it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Great; meets my needs and expectations for a mattress cover.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I usually read most of the comments before purchasing an item, but I only skimmed over them which proved to be a big mistake. I thought Croscill was a high quality brand, but not in this case. The padding on the top was fine, but that is the only good thing I can say about it. When putting on the pad for the first time, I pulled it over the last corner, and it ripped. I did not want to go through the hassle of returning it, so I stitched it myself. The material used on the side felt like a plastic paper. Very poor material, and based on the reviews I have read since my experience, the ripping problem is very prominent with this item. Buyer beware with this one. It is way overpriced for what you get...poor construction, and the rating is not indicative of the quality of the product. I will never buy a Croscill mattress pad again. I have paid much less for pads at a department store that were constructed with more durable material than this product.
I have used this over a two inch memory foam pad on top of my mattress, and it fits perfectly, Nice and smooth, feels great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
Just as the ad reads, this pad easily accommodated my mattress and 4" topper's depth. No fear of tearing anything and it was not a struggle to apply. The fit is perfect!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I purchased this pad specifically because of the deep-pockets, which I needed to accommodate my 12" mattress and 4" topper. No problem at all with the fit!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the money.
I like cotton in bedding for breathability. I've used other cotton-top pads where the cotton layer serves as a breathable surface under the sheet. In this pad, the cotton is very skimpy and not at all soft. The other materials feel unabsorbent and hard to the touch, plastic-y. I expected higher quality from Overstock.com. I could have paid less for the same quality at a bed/bath chain store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mediocre--Egyptian cotton implies better than this is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok but a little misleading
I was pleasantly surprised at how well it hugged the mattress even after washing. It gives good cushioning to the mattress also. It is better than expected and is a great bargain. I'd buy them again.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? n/a
- How is the quality of the product? the quality appears to be the best.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
When the mattress pad first arrived it was wonderful, however after having it on our bed and not washed it already it is tearing where the corners wrap around. The quality of the merchandise is not living up to what we spent on it. Very disappointed.
I don't normally write reviews on products, I do however buy products based on other reviews. In this case though, the previous reviews do not give justice to the lack of quality. I purchased this product to cover an old, old mattress and a 2" memory foam topper. Total depth of both the mattress and the topper just over 8 inches, combined. The top of the mattress pad is fine...of quality that I would expect and am satisfied with. However....the sides are nothing more than paper. When putting the pad on, the first corner totally ripped. Remember, just a tad over 8 inches of thickness. Moved to the other side, knowing I must be extra careful, and RIP. It is truly just paper sides. How disappointing. Next time I'll buy from a box store so I can feel the material BEFORE I give them a credit card! Shame on you O, I expected more from your product line.