I bought 2 sight unseen based on the reviews and couldn't believe what I got. The stitching was wavy on both. It was exaggerated and obvious because of the stripping pattern in the cloth. The stitches themselves were inconsistent in size. The edging was showing the stuffing in one area because it was not sewn straight. The fabric was not the quality I expected at this price point. The colors were on the bright side of their description. I would consider them apple green and purple, not sage and plum. The color was a minor issue and could have lived with that. I returned them both based on the over lack of quality and workmanship.
Blanket arrived quickly. Color is a pretty good match but has dulled after a wash. Has worked out well for a winter option with a thinner blanket underneath & seems like it will be a good summer blanket-minus the extra thinner blanket. It looks to be well made...nothing is falling apart to date. Overall a nice value!
We bought the Cotton Loft Blanket in Sage. It is more of an apple color. It is perfect for bed. It isn't full like a polyester comforter. If it were, it would end up being like a futon pad on top of you. It is thinner than a comforter, thicker than a cotton quilt. It is soft and comfortable.
I searched and searched for a black cotton blanket that was a reasonable price, when I came across this one... I love it, it's perfect. It does need some loving care upon arrival. I always wash new things because of the formaldehyde in them, so I washed it and no matter how many times I fluffed it I eventually had to iron it, both sides and use a lint roller on it, as the cotton fibers tend to work their way through the material. Label says you can wash it, but recommends dry cleaning, take the suggestion and DRY CLEAN! I also didn't get from the description or pictures that the blanket is stitched "quilt-like" in large 12" squares. I don't mind it, it adds another interesting texture to the blanket and is obviously meant to keep the cotton fiber in the middle from lumping up. An overall excellent purchase!
I purchased this item with my 3 cats in mind and so far it is great! Husband, and animals cuddle well in the softness and here is the purrfect part it does not attract the fur!!! I could not be happier! The color choices were spot on as we picked the blue and it fits it just right. I searched a long time and went through many blankets before I found this one.
This item arrived promptly. I am a repeat customer of Overstock and habitually check here first when looking for a particular item. I was looking for a blanket of this type that was made of all natural breathable components and thought this would be the one. The blanket seems well made and is certainly all cotton as listed, even the fill is cotton. My only problem with this item is the color. I purchased the color that is listed as "plum." The listing (or my iMac) show this color to be more on the red side of "plum" rather than the blue side of "plum". However, it is really purple, containing more of the blue color tones than red color tones. So, unfortunately, back it goes.
I loved this blanket because it meets my year round needs. I am in a warm climate and need a lightweight blanket that I can layer when the weather changes. I have washed it and it came out just fine. I also like the fact that it is a bit different looking then most blankets because of the striped affect and edges. It is soft even though it is cotton and not fleece. I
I really liked the product, but was hoping the color was like what was pictured, rather than what the name indicated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was completely different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appeared to be excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The color didn't match the color swath at all, but was a blue as was indicated by the color name
I was surprised when I opened the package at the weight and quality of this blanket. It is a bit heavier than I had expected but is very well constructed. This design of this blanket will allow me to use it as a bedspread.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Clolor was very close to online picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very well constructed blanket and looks like it will hold its shape after many washings and use.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was fairly accurate although the blanket is more constructed like a s bedspread
The perfect blanket for high desert evenings which start out warm and turn cold.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This blanket was not at all what I expected - I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and make - it was perfect for the climate where live - lightweight in constructions. However, I was disappointed in the color as the Bright White is really cream compared to the white in my bedding. Otherwise a very nice blanket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all what I expected - I ordered Bright White - but compared to my bedding it is a cream color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate for quality not color.