I had been serching for so long for a comforter or duvet cover to match my bedroom's current color scheme. From the picutres, it looked like perfect match. When I received it I was delighted that it appeared exactly as it did on the website! It is a soft, satin-like cotton. It's well-made and just gorgeous! However, use some common sense when washing it. The directions say to wash it in warm water, but because it contains a lot of red, I washed it in cold water. The colors did not run and it looked just as beautiful going in to the washer, as it did coming out. Great product, and great price!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
With the exception of the color, this is an excellent product. The background color, especially, is darker than I was looking for. It is more of a beige than a cream color.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Not really, the colors are darker in person than in the photo
- How is the quality of the product? Quality appears to be excellent; the material is ideal for a duvet cover because the comforter does not bunch up inside, it moves right back into place.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? For the most part, yes
This is a great comforter set! The red is vibrant, the other color I believe is purple, but sometimes looks brown to me. It's nice and soft and washes well. I washed in cold water like someone else suggested and had no issues with any fading. The shams seem a little small, but I just used one of my smaller pillows. Overall, I'm definitely pleased with my purchase & feel like the set was a value for the price paid!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, soft
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have looked and looked for a new bedspread. I found this one on overstock and really liked it! I read the reviews going back and forth between two duvet covers on the site. I ended up choosing this one for the reasonable price and color scheme. This is my first duvet, and I am very excited about it! I read on one of the reviews for this product and it said that when the customer washed it the colors faded. I would recommend to soak the duvet and shams in a mixture of water and vinegar before washing it. This will keep the colors from fadding in the washing machine. The background color is more of a light beige color instead of white or off white, but the product still looks great!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The display picture makes the main color look white, and the actual color is a light beige. It still looks really good though. As for the red and deep purple they look just like the picture.
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is very good! I was very pleased
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes, the description did.
I had been eyeing this duvet for a while now and decided to finally take the plunge. I actually bought my two other covers here over 4 years ago and they are still in amazing shape! well this new one far exceeded my expecations. honestly, the picture on the site does not do it justice! it is superior in look and feel, the colors are rich and seriously, it looks epensive and super stylish! im in love with my bed, seriously!! Overstock I am beyond happy!! Id give it more stars if they gave me the option!! lol you wont be dissapointed!
When I received this in the mail, I thought it was pretty. The colors are pretty close to the picture. However, when I opened the plastic cover, the chemical smell was overwhelming. So I washed it in cold water. Still smelled. I washed it again. Still smelled. OK after third wash, but the colors ran all over the place. I wouldn't expect this for something that I paid so much for. I won't be able to use it for my bed--it'll be relegated to the guest room, unless Overstock decides to take it back after the wash.....
beautiful fabric and print. washed in cold water and had no issues with bleeding. the ivory background leans towards tan or a slightly red- based ivory. i had ordered some ivory sheets to go with this, and found that in contract the sheets seemed very yellow, and the duvet- more tanish.
This duvet set is beautiful and a very great price!! Although, the background is more of a creamy color than tan, I love it! It's very soft and the material stays cool in the summer heat!! I'm so glad I pruchased it before it was out of stock again!!
I was disappointed in the quality. The edges of the duvet and pillow cases all had thread loose. It appear to be made quickly and that it would unravel the seams after a few washes. For 70$ I expect the seams to be sewn well. My mother hobby was sewing and I learned how check the quality of stitching. I was pleased at the speed of the delivery.
It is always difficult to determine what the color will really be when the item arrives but this set was exactly as pictured. The quality seems good altough I have yet to wash it. It seems to resist wrinkling and looks great on the bed.