I gave the blanket a high rating because the blanket itself is fantastic. It's soft, warm, and lightweight. There is one draw back though, the tag that comes sewn onto the blanket says that you can only dry-clean the blanket - Overstock.com's description says you can wash on gentle and hang to dry. As far as the colors go - check this out . . . Overstock.com has two pictures they are using for this blanket - one which you can see when you click on the blanket to see the "full" description and one that you can see when you click on the "Quick View" link. Each picture has different color blankets listed. The "quick view" description picture lists the colors Cocoa, Sea Green, Steel, Gold, Terracotta, Lilac, and Eco. The "full" description photo lists Natural, Cocoa, Brick Red, Lavender, Sky Blue, Pink, and Sea Green. The color choices you have when you go to purchase the blanket are those listed in the "full" view photo. I chose the Brick Red color but ended up with the Terracotta - I think that's why everyone is saying that the red isn't red - it's not . . . it's really Terracotta!
The only issue that I have on this product is that there were two similar colors of light blue and light green, but the color choice was only the green--twice--so when I chose the green item, I wasn't quite sure if I was really ordering the green or if the blue would be sent. I didn't have the heart to ask if they got the green or the blue throw.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Although I didn't see the actual product the receivers of the gift said the color matched their color scheme perfectly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They said that the bamboo fabric was very, very soft.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Seems like the product was described well.
I looked forward to getting this pretty and warm throw. When I received it I was so excited with how perfect it seemed. Then, I draped it on my legs and and the problem began- It pilled all over severely. My jeans were completely covered in the cream fuzz (I had the cream throw.) Also my maroon colored sofa was completely covered, too. I then thought that it needed to be washed to solve this problem. It cleaned in the cool , delicate cycle just fine. But the pilling was still there. I'll keep this throw because I do love the way it looks and feels. I just know that I'll have to de-fuzz after every use and I sure can't wear black or blue jeans! What a shame.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is exactly as advertised.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is not as advertised.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site description was inaccurate.
It is amazing how warm the throw is, even though it is a very light weight material. I love how soft it is too. The only thing I would say is after 4 months it is not exactly pilling, but has lost its silky smooth surface. Also wish it was a bit larger when my boyfriend wants to cuddle underneath too. Over all I Iove this throw.
Comparing this throw to the cashmere blend, also available on Overstock, I rated this one higher. I purchased both and found the bamboo velvet to be thicker, softer and higher quality than the cashmere/bamboo blend. It's also a bit less expensive, so it's an easy choice. The ends are twisted stands that are knotted, with a hand stitched hem that is a nice detail. The stitching is a blanket stitch.
Report back from the person to whom this gift was sent is that the throw is beautiful, soft, and warm. We have sheets made out of bamboo that are durable, machine washable, very soft. Hoping that we see more products made from bamboo in the marketplace.
I had ordered one throw and made a mistake on the computer, which wound up ordering two. I called Overstock and they gave me instructions how to return the one extra. After receiving both throws, I was so thrilled with the quality and loveliness of them I decided to keep them both. I thought they were kind of pricey - but after seeing the quality I could not quibble. They are well worth the price.
If you are hesitate on spending $350.00 on a Cashmere Blanket as I was, give this Bamboo a try! It is a quarter of the price and looks great! I am monogramming the blanket and giving it as a gift to my older/handicap mother; I am positive she will love it!
I bought one of these last year for myself, and it was so nice that I bought four more this year as gifts for different family members. It is very soft and a nice weight, plus it is cozy and warm. The only funny thing is that the colors in the picture are different from what's available to order.
I was surprised at how soft and velvety this throw is. It's not a heavy throw. Its perfect for curling up with on the couch to read or watch tv. It's light weight is perfect for taking off the chill. I think I will order another one in the chocolate color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is comporable to what was indicated on line.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The throw appears to be well made, no pulls or shedding.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I did not expect a "bamboo" product to be so soft. My favorate throw.
I bought this as a birthday gift for my sister, I loved it so much I wanted to keep it!! I am going to order me one!! The color is very close to the pictures, I ordered the taupe. The quality is OUTSTANDING!! It feels and looks like 100% cashmere, it's large also, large enough to cover two. It appears to be very rich and expensive, my sister loved it!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nicely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect