I purchased two sets of these pillows, one set for me and one set for my sister as a Christmas gift. I had a chance to use my set of pillows about two weeks before Christmas and they were great. I have a memory foam mattress and these pillows are the perfect accompaniment. The only thing that thew me off a little bit is I was expecting the pillows to be king size since they said "Grande" in their name but they are actually Queen size pillows. These pillows are nothing like the funky shaped foam pillows that we are all used to seeing. These pillows look just like regular pillows. You can sleep and your side, stomach, or back with these pillows. I only gave them a 4 star because of the "Grande" description being a little deceiving as it gave me the impression they were kink size pillows but they are well worth the money.
The Bodipedic Extra Support Memory Foam Grande Pillow is definitely sized grande and my standard size pillowcase didn't fit it. However, I always make my own pillowcases anyway, because the ready-made ones never fit properly and I like zippers to enclose my pillows in full. I got two of these for my guest bedroom, but I sleep-tested them. As the photo shows, the pillow is flatter in the center than most, but surprisingly it is supportive. I tend to get a stiff neck or lower back pain and discovered after many trials and errors that the right pillow makes a great difference. I am 5'4" and 120 lbs and this pillow supports my shoulders, neck and head comfortably and I wake up with no stiff neck or back pain. Some reviewers described the pillow as uncomfortable but that may have nothing to do with the quality of this pillow, but with your sleeping position. You need to place the pillow with the bottom edge just touching your shoulders so it supports your neck at the correct angle -- i.e. don't place your head in the center of the pillow. The pillow cover is a dense weave but soft 100% cotton, a great fabric. The shape and size of this pillow also makes a good reading pillow -- it props up nicely and if you need more support, you can add another pillow to get a good reading position.
I purchased two pillows because I needed way more neck support. It has been weeks and I am still in love with these pillows and so is my couterpart!!!!! When I first unpacked them, I thought they might be two flat, even though they were soft. However, they are larger than normal pillows. Therefore, when I placed them in a pillow case, they squeezed in just particulary giving them the perfect balance of firm and soft. They are wonderful:)
I am a side sleeper & my husband is a well all over sleeper & we both love these pillows. We have recommended them to our friends. With my husband being a 24/7 on call fire fighter he needs a great pillow & these pillow did the trick. One suggestion I do have is purchase king size pillow cases. I have normal/regular size pillow cases & they don't quite fit. I would purchase again.
I was hoping for a thicker pillow, as it appeared in the photo. The memory foam is comfortable, but the pillow is too thin for a side-sleeper like me. I'm actually using it on top of another pillow, which means I'm not quite getting the best benefits possible from the memory foam.
They look beauitful, but I have a bad neck. and I need a big pillow. I must call customer service to return .I only opened and seen too flat.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. If I didn't have a bad neck . They would of been great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not at all
A couple of years ago I bought some Sleep Innovations memory foam pillows, and I really like them. I wanted to get two more, but couldn't find them. The selection of memory foam pillows is overwhelming, but I read many reviews and finally decided on these pillows. I like the pillows. They are good quality and flat enough for a child. I've slept on them too and was very comfortable - no neck strain from a pillow that is too high or too low. They were bigger than I expected - barely fit into standard size pillow cases. The only real negative to them was the initial off-gassing smell. I had to let them air out for a week before I could use them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? True
Bought these to solve a back/neck problem I've been having. The 2nd time I used one of the pillows at someone else's house, I didn't have any neck problems. At home on my bed, I wake up with a sore neck. Not sure why. Could be my bed. Also, I thought I ordered standard pillows, they don't fit in the standard pillow cases, with the exception of the jersey knit cotton ones. Looks like I will have to buy bigger pillow cases.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's a good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
I Love these pillows they are grent to sleep on. As I have to sleep on my side have two is just right for me to sleep in comfit.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so nice the best pillows I've ever had
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
These pillows are good quality,they are flatter than they appear in the photo.I am not crazy about them..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Got what was advertised. Very good pillow ...........
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? v good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. v good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? v good
If you have neck problems, this pillow will probably be your best investment. I never wake with a sore or stiff neck any longer since I have been sleeping on this pillow. Excellent value and I even got an extra pillow, which I gave to my daughter who suffers from ongoing neck problems due to a broken neck during her teenage years. You will love it and you will not be sorry you bought it!! :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent, but I rarely have that problem with anything I order ffrom OS
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
The pillow was plush and supportive. After one night sleep on it, I woke up feeling well rested with no neck and shoulder aches (which I usually get bc I am a side sleeper). The pillow had a slight chemical smell to it, but once I aired it out for 20 minutes and stuck it in a pillowcase it was ready to go and I didn't notice any more smells.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good stitchin, quality material. Pillows felt properly weighted (there was no skimping in the filling). It was clean, soft, and plush feeling. Very, very good deal!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate. I purchased a standard size pillow case and the pillow fit, but it is a bit snug............