I'm 5'3" and 110lbs. I expected the small/medium to be ample. I didn't expect to almost wrap the robe around myself twice. And the sleeves were 7" too long. I'd have had to roll them up twice. The good news -- it fit my 6 foot 175 pound husband perfectly. He was very happy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Waaaaaaay too large
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made robe. Light weight
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Forget about the small in size small/medium
previously got this robe for both myself & my husband, this is a holiday gift, great product
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made, soft & comfortable fit
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
This is a VERY generously sized robe, even after washing. I bought the 2X and it swallowed me. I washed it in hot water and it shrunk considerably, but is still very large. However, it's really comfortable - I'm just going to roll up the sleeves and wear it anyway. I would definitely purchase another one. Also, I actually live in Turkey and this item is less expensive through Overstock.com than it is in Turkey.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's a very lightweight woven robe - I love it!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was perfect!
I love my new robe. I had one like it that was several years old and had seen its better days but couldn't find a replacement. Everything else I looked at in stores had a velour feel to it or was lined. I wanted something that was lightweight and just a cotton feel. This fits the bill perfectly! It is a men's small/medium and was a little big for me when I first put it on, but once I rolled up the sleeves a little bit it felt wonderful. It's not too heavy or warm; just what I want for a nice coverup here in Atlanta during the summer!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, good feel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fine
There are at least three excellent qualities about this robe that leap out to me. One is the softness and general high quality of the material. The second is the combination of its being warm yet lightweight. The third is really the most important to me: this bathrobe doesn't skimp on material. There's enough material to wrap around one's body and not have to be pulling the panels together. Many lightweight materials are not ample enough to wrap around one's body. Not this one!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? White is hard to mess up!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is high-quality cotton. As advertised, it is hotel and spa quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought the robe for my boyfriend for his birthday. Nice cut, comfortable and light for the summer days.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? White is white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is a really nice robe. I bought a L/XL for my husband. It shrank a little which was good as he has a 34" waist and it's generous in the wrap! It is a nice lightweight summer robe. I would buy it again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good qualilty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The weight was important because I didn't want to heavy or to light. Perfect fit , and the white is white ,clean, and a nice compliment to my p.j.s. My husband even liked it, and he isn't into clothes. As I have said before I have been happy with all most all my purchases from o.co. Keep up your good job, and standards Dawn P.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? very much so
Nice quality. Felt a little "hard" when it came out of the package, but softened up after the first wash. I wanted oversize so ordered the XXL (normally wear a women's XL)... The XXL truly is XXL, so I could have gone with the proper size, instead of ordering up. Highly recommend.
A nice light- to mid-weight waffle cloth. The cut is good: fairly long sleeves, nice high collar, plenty of wrap for a normal build (a little more than I need, actually). I'm just under six feet tall, lean (about 150 lbs) with long arms and legs, and the S-M size works well for me, coming to just above mid-calf (proviso: I haven't washed the robe yet; I will do so in cold water, since if it shrinks in length, or especially in sleeve length, it will be too short). The topstitching / felling along the collar and other exposed seems uses quite a loose stitch, with nearly a quarter of an inch between running stitches. This may be just right for sewing the waffle-weave cotton, but beware of snags. My late wife had a kimono-style robe of similar waffle cloth, with a twill band edging the front and neck, which used much finer topstitching and made a cleaner and sturdier finish. I do prefer the shawl collar style for myself, though. The inside piecing seams and the binding on the cut edges, which are exposed, is done with an interlock/overcasting machine, leaving a raw finish (like the side seams of a polo shirt). I would have rated the garment more highly had the finishing been better (for example, felled or bound edges along the visible inside seams) but that would have driven the price up substantially. As it is the robe is excellent value at the Overstock price.
My husband is warm blooded. He wanted lightweight, absorbent robe for when guests visit (as a towel would be inappropriate). This did the trick. It's a nice quality cotton w/o being bulky and heavy like a terry robe. That said, the weight of the robe is still substantial, at least compared with an older, travel one I have from years ago. They do run large. Have not washed them yet.
I had looked at and tried on a similar robe in ***** so I knew what I wanted but wanted it at a reasonable price. It feels so good when I put it on after my shower. I can relax and cool down in it before I get dressed. It is so light and not heavy like the terry cloth robe. I feel pampered and I love it.
This is a great robe for those in warm climates, like mine in Los Angeles, for the chilly mornings in and out of the pool. HOWEVER, be warned of the SIZING. I ordered the L/XL--and when the robe came, the package was marked with a L/XL sticker; but the robe had an XL label sewn in--and it was clearly an XL size.
After searching for the right material along with a price that can't be beat, this robe for my husband was the best choice. Description was well presented and service was prompt. Happy with our purchase, now I'm going to buy one for me, Washington, MI