So my Husband had been wanting a new robe for forever, but I didn't want some throw away garment that would wear out in a month. This one on Overstock had good reviews and when it arrived, I was very pleased! I got the black (and make sure to wash it & dry it lightly to get rid of all the left over fuzzies first before using), and the terry material is heavy and soft. Now, an important note on sizing. If your guy is tall, like over 6', then get the 1xl/2xl size! The difference in the lengths is 9"!! It is NOT to big at all around the chest, so the 1xl/2xl size is perfect. If I had gone to the smaller size, that 9" length would of made him look like he was wearing a woman's robe, so when in doubt, go up a size for sure! And my husband? He LOVES it!
I gave this Alexander Del Rossa robe as a gift plus had it monagramed. It was stunning! Very luxurious in weight, the sizing was right with plenty of overlap in the front and the fabric feels cozy against the skin. Thanks Overstock for having it and getting it here so quickly! Merry Christmas!
For a 6-foot guy with average arms, size large (normal size) was very short in the sleeve. We returned it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The fabric was good quality--just not enough of it.
- How accurate was the sizing? All but the sleeves was OK.
Great robe, well made, I am 6ft 6in, robe is long enough and also sleeves, great quality for price. Very warm on cold mornings
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs big, order one size smaller
bought this as a gift for my son-in-law, and he seems very pleased with the quality , product and fit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? newver saw actual product since it was sent as a gift.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. never saw actual product.
- How accurate was the sizing? reportedly, good sizing.
This robe fit the bill for my husband for Father's Day. It is thick, thirsty, soft and luxurious. Truly a high quality product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I bought white.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick, luxurious, thirsty and soft! Everything you would want in a bathrobe.
- How accurate was the sizing? Siziing was fine.
The quality is good, but it is not as pictured. I received a floor length robe instead of the one that falls just below the knee. It's very big, heavy, and cumbersome. I will cut it off and hem it. The sleeves are also very long, so I will need to hem those too. But it is nice and roomy around the middle, which is what my husband needed.
I used the last few customer reviews and sizing guide in my consideration to buy this robe. I am 6'1" and 200#. I ordered the 1x2xl because the last reviewer said her husband was over 6' tall and it fit great. I ordered it and tried it on and it was way too large. I guess the last reviewer has a big fat husband. You could fit 2 people in the robe I received. I had to send it back and had to pay all the shipping and extra charges (retagging?, etc) and was out about $$$ for taking the chance. The robe wasn't really a deal to begin with so the whole ordeal was just a headache. Good luck.
This is my first poor review on Overstock. When I first bought this robe, I was pleased and my husband was delighted. This robe was heavy and warm and velour on the outside, sounds great right? Well, it WAS great, until we washed it! The thing is coming apart! I mean thread after thread loose and tangled! This was really apparent after the second wash, we live in California so my husband doesn't wear it all the time. By the way, my washer is one of those without an agitator so the robe didn't snag and tear...literally it is just coming apart. Don't waste your money!
Bought this for Christmas (in black) for my boyfriend and he loved it instantly. Nice thick robe and sturdy material, great for chilly houses like ours. Material is easy to embroider as well if you would like to have it monogramed as a gift.