Great value for price. Stickers to cover the holes are cheesy. My biggest issue is the color. I purchased the 2 bin and 3 bin set both in red and they aren't the same shade. The three bin is a brick red and the two bin is a cherry. Very annoying as the picture specifically shows them both as matching. Exchanging the brick for the blue as the red color difference will drive me nuts.
Overall, this is a great product, especially for the price. The big surprise was that the color was not what I expected. The pictures showed a more cherry-red color, but the actual product is more of a brick red. There were a couple of small scratches on the pieces, not really noticeable but definitely expected in this kind of made-in-China-do-it-yourself furniture. They were fairly easy to put together. I assembled each unit in about 30-45 minutes by myself. I do really like this product. The bins are deeper than I had thought they would be and they really hold a lot of stuff. I purchased two of these to stack together (the stacking was easy and there are parts included to strap the units together if you want to stack them), and they make a really great storage space in my kids' play space (which also happens to be a corner of our living room). I especially like how the front of the bins are open but have the piece on front to hold things in. That means that we can effectively store more in each bin, the kids can see what goes in each bin, and since they can see everything most of the toys are actually getting more use. We used to rely just on a toy chest, but even with dividers and internal organization things just got lost in there. Just in the first week of having these new bins up, our clean-up routine became dramatically easier and my kids (ages 2 and 4) are playing a lot more independently because they can find things more easily. The bottom line: This is not high-end furniture, but it's sturdy, easy to assemble, and works great. We definitely recommend it.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was accurate, but they did end up being bigger than I expected even after I had measured out the space where they would be
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These cubbies are good quality considering what they are. They are very solid and study, although there were a couple of small chips/knicks in the laquer/paint around the corners, which is pretty much what I expect from this kind of product.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? One of the screws in my set was not machined properly and couldn't be used. Luckily, though, I had purchased two units to stack together and I was able to find a place that wasn't critically important for it to be screwed together.
I gave this 3 stars because this arrived with a little damage to it and the hardware was scattered throughout the box with one dowel missing and the other one broken. I suspect I got someones return. In any event, I still put it together and placed it on the bottom since I ordered the 3 bin one also to have a stack. It is a cheap piece of furniture for a specific purpose, kids, who are going to mess it up anyway so I could not be bothered with requesting a replacement from Overstock. It would not be worth the trouble of repacking it since I didn't even notice it until it was together. I would however recommend it and buy it again. Yes, as others have stated, it is brick red which I like better anyway and unlike others have said, both the 3 bin and 2 bin that I received are the same shade of red and not mismatched colors. Other than the damaged corners (paint scrape mostly which I can touch up) and the scattered hardware I would have given this product 5 stars.
I bought two of these for my sons' room and stacked them together. They were easy to assemble and seem very durable and heavy. I had my four children helping me (ages 5, 4, 3, and 1.5) and we assembled both and stacked them in under 40 minutes. Pros: they are easy to clean, and assmebly was simple. I love that the manufacturer used screws instead of cam locks, as I find cam locks difficult to get tight and scure. Storage space was much better than I expected; I'm considering buying more for our girls' room and the kids playroom. Cons: as another reviewer mentioned, they include stickers to place over the screw holes which I agree does look cheap. However, for the price, I didn't even expect something to cover the screw holes, and personally, I dislike the plastic caps that some use for their products. If those caps aren't tapped in fully, a child could easily pull it off and swallow it. Either way, I simply left the stickers off and am quite happy with the overall look.
- How accurate was the sizing? Cubbies were deeper than I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the price point
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
This is a great storage for kids toys. Great quality and great price. The color is a but more muted and looks more like a brick color than a fire engine red as pictured. Overstock was great with the exchange of the damaged product and had the replacement shipped express. Worth the hassle for the price and quality
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? NO 2 of the 4 ordered were damaged and had to be returned
These were easy to set up. I did it myself and even with two toddlers "helping" it was quick. They are sturdy and look nice. The red is a nice rich color, not a caustic bright red. They are nice and roomy - my 25 lb 2 year old daughter fit nicely inside of one of the bins. (she climbed in during construction) We stacked them, which they do nicely, and used them to house bulk TP, Papertowel on top and sports equipment and swim gear on the bottom. The handles of the tennis rackets stick out from about the hand grip on but the face fits inside just fine. I think these were a fair price and a good product.
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes