We have 3 kids so we needed a seat that didnt take up a lot of space in the car. We had to use a rolled up blanket to get it level, but otherwise seems like a good seat.
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
My reason for purchasing this car seat was the five point secure belt for a child and the price. I have concerns about the weight limit as kids grow so fast, I am hoping my grand child doesn't outgrow this in a NY minute. It is attractive. Appears easy to clean. Seems sturdy and I like that the instructions on how to install are clearly placed on the sides of the chair. A great a idea. Having said all that, I am excited to see how it performs. Thank you.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The seat looks sturdy, attractive, appears easy to clean.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Can't tell that yet.
The LATCH is a single belt that threads through the base of the car seat. Once threaded and attached to the LATCH hooks, it is extremely difficult to tighten the belt sufficiently. The seating position is good and there is plenty of space for the child but the belts do not come with any padding and cut into the child's neck/shoulders. The seat size is compact and left a lot of room behind the driver's seat (Isuzu Rodeo vehicle). We purchased this as a second car seat but will not be keeping it.
- How accurate was the sizing? Good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair at best.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes.
I bought two of these car seats after reading the Consumer Reports reviews. I did have to use a rolled up towel in each car to get the right rear facing angle, but based on my research this is perfectly safe and quite normal for many types of convertible carseats... so long as you get them in tight. We have using the LATCH anchors in each car.. It's a squeeze in my husband's ***. We placed it in the center there. It's on the passenger side of my *** and fits quite well. My daughter, who is now 10 months and about 18 pounds seems much more comfortable than she was in her infant seat. The design is simple and sturdy. It's well made. I hope I never find out how it performs in an accident, but I'm confident that it will protect my daughter as well as any car seat can in that situation.