- PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to 96 individual, qualifying Entrants as follows:
One (1) qualifying Entrant per hour will receive a single Overstock.com e-gift card in the amount of $50. Such an hourly award will continue for twelve hours of each day of the Contest. Therefore, there are 12 qualifying entrants each of the eight (8) days of the contest, for a total of 96 different prize winners. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted, except at the discretion of Overstock. The total prize value is $4,800. The prizes will be awarded, provided properly claimed, in accordance with these Official Rules. Any federal and state taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- ELIGIBILITY: The “Countdown to Black Friday Sweepstakes” (“the Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington DC who are 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER as of November 15, 2012 (“Entrant” or “Entrants”). Employees, their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and household members (whether related or not) of Overstock.com, Inc. (“Overstock”) are not eligible to enter. VOID IN PUERTO RICO,U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Overstock reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. The Contest shall be construed and governed according to the laws of the U.S.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, Entrants must complete Contest entry form located at www.ovestock.com/black-friday-sweeps and/or www.facebook.com/overstock.com. To complete entry form, Entrant must provide their first and last name, email address, and date of birth. Entrants may submit only one (1) entry for each day of the Contest. Entrants will also receive one (1) Entry for each friend they invite to enter the Contest by way of the share link on the confirmation page received once Entrant’s Entry was submitted. Such additional entry is conditioned upon the invited friend submitting an Entry for the Contest. The Contest begins at 10 a.m. Eastern Time on November 15, 2012, and ends at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time on November 22, 2012. Overstock reserves the right to remove any entries it deems inappropriate for any reason, at any time, such as obscenity, racism, libel or disparagement of any person or group or people.
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and any applicable Pinterest, Facebook, Google +, and Twitter rules. Overstock is not responsible or liable for lost, stolen, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect, delayed, late, interrupted, illegible or misdirected entries. Overstock assumes no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, or illegible transmissions, or service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention. Overstock reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or for any other reason as determined by Overstock in its sole discretion. Use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like entry methods is prohibited and will void all such entries by such methods and invalidate the Entrant. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email, Facebook, Google +, Twitter or Pinterest account, the authorized subscriber of the account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the entry will be deemed to be the valid Entrant. The Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address and who uses that e-mail address to open an account.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER: One (1) potential winner will be randomly chosen from the pool of qualified Entrants at the end of each hour for twelve hours each day of the Contest. The first potential winner will be chosen at 11 am Eastern Time and the last potential winner will be chosen at 10 pm Eastern Time for each day or the Contest. Each potential winner will be notified by e-mail. Potential winners must respond to Overstock’s notification within five (5) calendar days, and complete all required forms and agreements, including verifications of eligibility to be deemed an “Official Winner” within ten (10) calendar days of notification. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible under these Rules or fails to respond or complete the required forms within the specified times above, the potential winner shall be disqualified, and Overstock shall select an alternate potential winner by random selection. Prizes will be awarded when the necessary forms, agreements and verifications have been returned.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential Winner is required to sign and return within ten (10) calendar days of notification, any applicable documents sent by Overstock related to the Contest, including but not limited to the Contest “Winner Agreement” which includes an “affirmation of eligibility,” a “publicity release” and a “waiver of liability.” If the potential winner fails to return documents as specified or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Entrant may, at Overstock’s discretion, be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be selected from eligible entries previously received. No potential winner will be declared an Official Winner until he/she returns the applicable documents set forth in this Section to Overstock. Overstock reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest by giving such notice in any form and manner deemed appropriate by Overstock, in which case, the Prize will be awarded from all eligible entries previously received up to (or if applicable, after) the modification, suspension or termination date and in accordance with these Official Rules.
- DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL OVERSTOCK BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITES WWW.OVERSTOCK.COM, WWW.O.CO, OR OTHER OVERSTOCK INTERNET SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS DON’T APPLY WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Overstock and their respective employees¸ officers, directors, representatives, and agents from any injury, loss, death, damage, action, claim, demand or other liability that may occur from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, or participation in any Contest-related activity.
- DISPUTES: As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of Utah, County of Salt Lake, having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Utah without regards for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim Direct, Indirect, Incidental, Consequential, Special or Punitive damages.
- SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER: THE CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR IN ASSOCIATION WITH PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE + OR TWITTER. ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ENTRANTS IS PROVIDED TO OVERSTOCK AND NOT TO PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE + OR TWITTER. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE + AND TWITTER FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the prize winner, available after November 28, 2012 and for one year thereafter, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Legal ? Countdown to Black Friday Sweepstakes” Overstock.com, Inc., 6350 South 3000 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84121. Washington and Vermont residents may omit return postage when requesting the name of the prize winner.